Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2011, 09:38 AM

2 posts, read 2,721 times

Advertisements

I am getting relocated from Chicago to the Cleveland area as of March 1st and I wanted to know if you guys had any suggestions on where to live for a 27 year old male.

The facility I will be working out of is in Valley City which is Southwest Cleveland, but Im in outside sales, so dont need to be in the office on a daily basis.

I'm looking for an aparment - 1 bedroom and dont have any pets. I dont mind the subarbs or the city life...

Being in outside sales, it would be nice to be close and accessible to highways.

Im not into the clubbing scene on a regular basis, but like the little hole in the wall bars that I can play some pool or throw some darts and listen to some music.

I dont want to get stuck in with an "old" crowd, but also dont want to be partying with college kids on a regular basis.

Just looking for something to call home, the ability to meet some people my age, and somewhere safe that I dont need to look over my shoulder everywhere I walk.

Any suggestions would be great!!!

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2011, 09:48 AM

765 posts, read 2,121,905 times
I assume you mean Valley View, not Valley City. Valley View itself is a pretty decent area. It is mostly working class, has good freeway access, and is not too far from downtown. It is also near the Cuyahoga Valley National Park which is great for outdoor activities year round. As far as specifics I'm not sure, not that familiar with the area as I come from the East Side suburbs (you'll find that there's not too much mixing of East Side people and West Side people in Cleveland).

Old 01-31-2011, 10:16 AM

2 posts, read 2,721 times
It is Valley City, you have to go a little farther south west

Old 01-31-2011, 10:31 AM

4,361 posts, read 7,146,361 times
Valley City = somewhat rural. If I was to make a recommendation, I would say that you should look into the North Royalton/Strongsville area. Living there would put you in the immediate proximity of I-71 with I-77 being about 10-15 minutes away off of State Rte. 82 (also called Royalton Road) to the east. Valley City is about 20 minutes west down Rte. 82 from there. The area is safe, affordable, and very well ammenitized. It also isn't too far from downtown Cleveland (20-25 minutes).

Old 01-31-2011, 10:37 AM

3,844 posts, read 9,252,334 times
Tremont might be what you're looking for.

Great access to the freeways, some nice "hole in the wall" type of places, and good population of young professionals.

Old 01-31-2011, 12:05 PM

389 posts, read 799,279 times
Parma is very reasonably priced as far as rent. Parma is suburb. It is close to I480 which will take you to 176, I77, and I71 very quickly. About 15 minutes from downtown. Plenty of dart bars in Parma, it's a blue collar city with young people such as yourself. It is a safe city, in fact rated one of the safest in the nation for its size (Parma is the 7th biggest city in Ohio if memory serves). The schools are having problems but that shouldn't matter to you much if you are single. I grew up there and would recommend it to you based on what you are looking for. These days I live out in Avon where the schools are better. In Ohio, school quality is a function of voter $ approval unfortunately. Ohio has abandoned nearly all financial responsibility for schools but that is another story.

I believe you have a very strong chance of meeting people very easily in Parma if you are a little social which it sounds like you are. Parma is in the middle of everything geography wise.

Old 02-02-2011, 12:47 PM

6 posts, read 19,380 times
I would suggest the Polo Club apartments in Strongsville....very close to Valley City and I-71. They are right across from the mall and metroparks. Renting sounds like a good idea, and then find out where you want to buy.

Old 02-02-2011, 01:01 PM

4,631 posts, read 4,925,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvbesouw View Post
I would suggest the Polo Club apartments in Strongsville....very close to Valley City and I-71. They are right across from the mall and metroparks. Renting sounds like a good idea, and then find out where you want to buy.
Also, there are usually a lot of young people living there, for what it's worth.

Old 02-02-2011, 02:58 PM

1,973 posts, read 5,194,308 times
Valley City is kind of isolated so you would be commuting a bit if you wanted to live someplace interesting. I would look into maybe Tremont, Old Brooklyn, or Parma. Where in Chicago do you live and like to hang out?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland