Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 11:08 AM

114 posts, read 304,669 times

Advertisements

If you're working downtown, definitely consider Shaker Sq since the train is right there. Shaker Sq is a bit pricier in terms of the bars than Coventry in Cleveland Heights, but still...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2011, 07:34 AM
jmv

96 posts, read 214,024 times
Default Shaker Square/Larchmere area are great

I'd like to put a plug in for Shaker Square/Larchmere. I have been at Dewey's coffee shop the last two snowy Saturdays for coffee and was amazed at how packed full it was of young people, college students, etc. socializing or working on computers. It had a great energy and was such a cozy place on those frigid winter days. Shaker Square also has great restaurants (I'm a huge fan of Fire), a wonderful movie theater and Larchmere has lots of fun independent shops and cafes. I love the Vine and Bean and Flying Cranes. You can't beat the convenience of the rapid transit that will zip you right downtown in minutes and the five minute drive to University Circle. As far as apartments, I've seen alot of for rent signs. I also heard that the City of Shaker Heights maintains a list of rentals on their website, some of which are reasonably priced. If I were back in college, Shaker Square is the area I would choose.

Old 03-04-2011, 11:04 AM

8 posts, read 8,983 times
Shake square/heights is very close to cleveland heights. It is very easy to drive between the two. The areas mentioned above have a lot of restaurants and are the areas I go to eat/hang out (coventry mostly). There are a lot of people who work at the Cleveland Clinic, Univ Hosp, Cleve VA that live in both heights areas. There isn't a lot of new construction in the area and a lot of the older homes need some work. The newest construction is usually condos or townhomes. I know a lot of people at the hospitals at it seems that a large group of trainees and young staff live in condos in Cleveland Heights (Bluestone, Courtyards of Severance). I guess it's a very easy commute to the hospitals.

Old 04-03-2011, 06:49 PM

14 posts, read 66,543 times
I grew up in Cleveland Heights near Cedar-Fairmount and Coventry. If you move to Cleveland Heights, you generally want to avoid the apartments in 44121. Anything in 44106 in Cleveland Heights is going to be good. There are a lot of apartments near Cedar-Fairmount and Mayfield road that are really nice. Shaker Square is nice too, and it has quick access downtown via the RTA. Be careful with it though, because it borders some patchy areas of Cleveland. The same is true about some parts of Cleveland Heights. In CH, anything on Euclid Heights, Bellfield, Grandview, Cedar, Lennox, Surrey, East Overlook and Overlook, and parts of Mayfield have really nice apartments. Cedar-Fairmount has a Starbucks and grocery store. The 32 provides service to the RTA station at University Circle. Cedar-Lee has a lot of places to go out, like Tavern Company and Kobalt and the Cedar-Lee Theater.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland