Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2011, 07:20 AM

5 posts, read 16,582 times

Advertisements

I'm a huge soccer fan that just moved to Cleveland, and was wondering if there are any good soccer pubs that open early on the weekends to show EPL or other European matches? I have easily gotten a list of Irish pubs and such, but that doesn't mean they actually show soccer games. Is there much of a soccer community in CLE?
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2011, 11:16 AM

3,844 posts, read 9,281,289 times
Welcome to Cleveland!

The Old Angle Tavern is what I think of immediately The Old Angle Tavern - Restaurant & Bar located in Cleveland's Ohio City

Harbor Inn: In a World Cup match, proud Slovenian Americans see more than a futbol game | cleveland.com

The Cedar-Lee Public and Grill has this write up: New Cedar-Lee Pub sports bar the place to watch soccer, rugby | cleveland.com

This is from the world cup: Local pubs opening early to catch World Cup soccer action | cleveland.com

Let's see what else do I know as about Cleveland soccer:
1) You can play soccer with Cleveland Plays Cleveland Plays: Co-Ed Sports Leagues in Cleveland: Volleyball, Football, Basketball, Softball, Soccer, and many other team sports.
2) Cleveland City Stars are the Cleveland team: Cleveland City Stars - Changing the World

Old 02-11-2011, 04:58 PM

74 posts, read 223,750 times
Second vote for the Olde Angle on w25th.

Also, Parnell's Pub on Lee Rd.

Old 02-18-2011, 09:06 PM

367 posts, read 621,948 times
There is some "English" pub in Rocky River that seems to be playing soccer every time I've been in there.

Old 02-19-2011, 03:52 AM

74 posts, read 223,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeno View Post
There is some "English" pub in Rocky River that seems to be playing soccer every time I've been in there.

Yes, it's called "The Pub".. as a matter of fact.

Old 04-17-2012, 04:11 PM

2 posts, read 14,187 times
Default Old Angle

Just an FYI for anyone looking for footie football soccer in Cleveland - a good crowd is to be found at the Old Angle on W25th - check out the facebook page "old angle soccer" for info of what games are being shown...

Old 04-17-2012, 11:21 PM

457 posts, read 626,994 times
I lived in Cleveland for forty years and never saw anyone watch soccer. Never heard people talking about getting together to watch soccer.

In fact, I only knew one guy who liked it...and he came here from England, lol.

Lots of mothers of little boys said their kids just loved soccer...but the kids never said it and all grew up to like other sports.

Now I find that people are getting together to watch soccer. Learn something new every day!

Old 04-18-2012, 07:41 AM

16,544 posts, read 19,679,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billmesh View Post
Yes, it's called "The Pub".. as a matter of fact.
Pub is closed.
Such a unique place I have no idea how they didn't make it...

New place coming in the fall.
(Didn't know about this until I googled it just now)

The Pub in Rocky River to Re-Open as Burntwood Tavern | Scene and Heard: Scene's News Blog

/edit/
That's from last summer so I guess it should have opened. It hasn't. Still closed.

Old 05-02-2012, 12:00 AM

2 posts, read 14,187 times
We had approx 50 folks turn up on Monday Apr 30 at Old Angle for the Man U v Man C match. And will be open on Saturday for the FA Cup at noon. As mentioned find "Old Angle Soccer" on FB for info. And will definitely be showing the final weekend of games as well as the Champions League final. Euro's will be soon to follow.

BTW Mick Hucknall of Simply Red stopped by a couple of weeks ago to catch the Man Utd - Aston Villa match (Just in case you were wondering)

Cheers

Old 12-23-2013, 02:29 PM

1 posts, read 3,933 times
I also am looking for bars that show soccer. Are there any subbuteo table football (soccer) players in the cleveland area? Contact me at njdynamo14@gmail.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland