Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 03:41 PM

465 posts, read 471,220 times

Advertisements

Wow!, People in Canton watch television stations from Cleveland 60 miles away? Why? It does seem that people in some places watch a lot more tv than people in other places on average. I wonder why? Do people in places with long winters spend more time watching tv when they can't get outside? Hmmm. . . .

Last edited by Matthew Hall; 10-03-2011 at 04:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2011, 05:14 PM

3,530 posts, read 4,999,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Your lack of respect is just devastating. I don't know if I can go on.
Aw, come on, jbcm, please don't act like the slings and arrows directed at Columbus hit you personally--okay? On the other hand, if you continue to act like Columbus and you are "one," you're naturally gonna get hurt. So which will it be, jb--are you gonna continue to cry and whimper (like now) every time some of the "2-C" crowd double-team you or are you gonna learn to show some respect yourself and run with the two big dogs?

Old 10-03-2011, 09:24 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,407,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Your lack of respect is just devastating. I don't know if I can go on.
I do believe a city-data break is in order for Mr. jb!

Old 10-03-2011, 10:04 PM

16,345 posts, read 17,965,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman View Post
Aw, come on, jbcm, please don't act like the slings and arrows directed at Columbus hit you personally--okay? On the other hand, if you continue to act like Columbus and you are "one," you're naturally gonna get hurt. So which will it be, jb--are you gonna continue to cry and whimper (like now) every time some of the "2-C" crowd double-team you or are you gonna learn to show some respect yourself and run with the two big dogs?
Actually, I'll probably just move to Mexico and enjoy palm trees and 85 degrees while the rest of you freeze this winter. You can probably find someone who will debate you on who has the worst case of seasonal affective disorder.

BTW, I'm happy that you've acknowledged your hypocrisy. That's the first step in the healing process. And seriously, the whole "internet tough guy" routine is about as lame as Bengals football.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:55 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,143,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Hall View Post
Wow!, People in Canton watch television stations from Cleveland 60 miles away? Why? It does seem that people in some places watch a lot more tv than people in other places on average. I wonder why? Do people in places with long winters spend more time watching tv when they can't get outside? Hmmm. . . .
This is funny! The guy who going all ape**** trying to qualify a 5000 sq. mile, 15 county MSA can't comprehend how a city 2 counties away is part of the same media market. Maybe you should see if Cincy can add 6-7 more counties to its MSA and count livestock as bonafide media consumers...

Last edited by Cleveland_Collector; 10-03-2011 at 11:21 PM..

Old 10-03-2011, 11:21 PM

16,345 posts, read 17,965,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksu sucks View Post
I do believe a city-data break is in order for Mr. jb!
I'm curious if you actually took that statement as anything but sarcasm.

Old 10-03-2011, 11:22 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,143,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decibel25 View Post
http://blog.nielsen.com/nielsenwire/...-dma-ranks.pdf

Not sure if this is what you were referring to when you brought up the media market, but this is pretty clear-cut.

http://www.bea.gov/iTable/iTable.cfm...suri=1&acrdn=2

Here is GDP by metro area. GDP, Real GDP, and Per Capita GDP are all higher for Cleveland metro. Since Cleveland metro has a much smaller area, I believe that also translates into higher GDP density...

I couldn't find any data on polish sausage stands per capita, but any info is welcomed
We'll concede the sausage stands.

Old 10-04-2011, 09:07 AM

I doubt cincinnati has a single polish sausage stand. My point was that a city with many descendent from eastern europeans like cleveland would have more than cincinnati which has almost no such descendent people. I was trying to give cleveland an advantage with that one and make the larger point that each metro has some unique circumstances that the headline data don't account for.

Old 10-04-2011, 09:08 AM

peope 60 miles away from cincinnati don't watch cincinnati tv whatever MSA their included in. I know that much.

Old 10-04-2011, 09:15 AM

2,368 posts, read 5,086,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Hall View Post
peope 60 miles away from cincinnati don't watch cincinnati tv whatever MSA their included in. I know that much.
You're right. They watch Dayton TV as Cincinnati's MSA is mononucleic.

Hurr durr gtfo troll
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland