Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2016, 04:51 PM

3 posts, read 2,867 times

Advertisements

So ill be commissioning next summer as 2nd LT in the National Guard and my unit is located in Brook Park, I as wondering either to move there or Cleveland?

So, how is Brook Park?
What's the racial make up of the city?

What about the surrounding neighborhoods?

I'm getting a degree in IT or there any IT jobs in the area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2016, 06:30 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,429,613 times
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brook_Park,_Ohio

Brook Park has a Red Line rail rapid park 'n ride, so you would have easy transportation downtown.

It also has excellent access to east/west and north/south freeways.

Because of a large industrial base, I believe it has low taxes.

I don't know much about its neighborhoods.

Lakewood or downtown might be a good alternative for a single person.

Old 11-01-2016, 12:16 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,249,746 times
I grew up in Brook Park. It's a blue collar city, mainly lower-middle to middle-class families. 97% white city. The homes are pretty much cookie-cutter boxes built in the 60s. The location is great, close to the airport, and highways. You can get to almost anywhere in the Cleveland area in about 20 minutes.

Brook Park, Parma, Parma Hts, etc. are all similar.

Old 11-01-2016, 12:19 PM

457 posts, read 627,067 times
It's iffy. Sliding, but sliding slowly. Like Parma, lots of bungalows.

It all depends on what you can afford, trying to say "live here" over "live there."

You could do worse. You could do better.

Old 11-01-2016, 01:49 PM

4,069 posts, read 7,315,088 times
It's not really clear from your post what you want from your immediate surroundings, so I'm not sure how to advise you, but IMO Brook Park is rather boring. If you'd prefer to live where there is more going on, Lakewood or the Kamm's Corner section of Cleveland might be better choices... and both are within a good commuting distance from Brook Park.

Berea might be another option. It's literally right next to Brook Park and has more the ambience of a small college town (Baldwin-Wallace is right there) rather than the feel of just another cookie-cutter suburb. Plus it has a charming downtown area, and is racially diverse.

Old 11-01-2016, 03:31 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,429,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew61 View Post
It's not really clear from your post what you want from your immediate surroundings, so I'm not sure how to advise you, but IMO Brook Park is rather boring. If you'd prefer to live where there is more going on, Lakewood or the Kamm's Corner section of Cleveland might be better choices... and both are within a good commuting distance from Brook Park.

Berea might be another option. It's literally right next to Brook Park and has more the ambience of a small college town (Baldwin-Wallace is right there) rather than the feel of just another cookie-cutter suburb. Plus it has a charming downtown area, and is racially diverse.
Good alternative suggestions to Brook Park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland