Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 03:37 PM

3,844 posts, read 9,279,817 times

Advertisements

Tremont
Coventry
Ohio City
Little Italy
Downtown (Warehouse District, E. 4th, Gateway)
Lakewood
Detroit-Shoreway
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2011, 09:09 AM

3 posts, read 5,415 times
Lakewood tends to have a good mix of ages and naturally the perception may vary, particularly if the building has more of one age group than another. For sake of data, the latest census puts Lakewood at 35% between 20-40 years old, with 11% over 65.

Old 05-12-2011, 03:01 PM

192 posts, read 492,057 times
no need to move downtow if youre not going to be working downtown. rents are higher, and there's not a ton of shopping, but there's great nightlife though.

if you're gonna be working in mayfield (or mayfield heights) i would suggest living on the east side, and cleveland heights in particular: urban yet suburban, beautiful architecture, shops restaurants, walkable, green-minded people.

shaker heights could be another option, more ritzy in parts than cleveland heights, but maybe a little less walkable than some parts of cleveland hts. beachwood might be okay, but not very walkable.

you might enjoy chagrin falls, new-england style village. very walkable downtown and an overall beautiful community

mayfield heights is a hum drum suburb, but mayfield village is semi-rural, with beautiful countryside, but not at all walkable

Old 05-12-2011, 03:15 PM

192 posts, read 492,057 times
I just cited East Side communities that I thought you should consider, as you'll be working on the East Side.

Old 05-12-2011, 05:43 PM

223 posts, read 608,511 times
I live in Broadview Heights

Old 05-13-2011, 01:21 PM

126 posts, read 275,810 times
I'm starting residency in Cleveland this summer. Just bought a house in University Heights. Seems like a good bit of young people but maybe not the best place to rent.

Old 07-24-2011, 09:43 AM

6 posts, read 27,069 times
Can anyone tell me about the Reserves apartment downtown? I am moving to Cleveland in Dec 2011?

Donna

Old 07-24-2011, 03:05 PM

4,517 posts, read 5,090,184 times
People are overlooking Shaker Square, probably the best neighborhood for young professionals outside of downtown. The area has more multi-unit housing (apts/condos) than any non-downtown area besides the Edgewater/Gold Coast area in Lakewood/Cleveland on the west side. Shaker Sq.'s also got fine dining, antiques (in nearby Larchmere) and even a growing number of art galeries right on the Square. And of course, having being directly on 2 rapid transit lines to dontown, the soon-to-be-revived Flats and connecting to the airport rapid, makes Shaker Sq. the most convenienet neighborhood as well... And please, let's not (once again) write Shaker Square off because it's supposedly right next door to a ghetto. This is overblown. Heck, University Circle, esp Little Italy are closer than Shaker to the worst slum in NEO: East Cleveland (allegedly a suburb).

Old 08-24-2011, 04:45 PM

6 posts, read 11,939 times
It seems like East 4th is a good area for what you're looking for. Definitely consider it the nicest part of Downtown. You've got a great street of restaurants, the Indians stadium, Cavs arena, etc. Just seems safe, clean and busy.

Old 08-24-2011, 07:42 PM

26 posts, read 56,046 times
I think Ohio City, Tremont, Gordon Square or Lakewood are the best places for young professionals. These neighborhoods are 'trendy' (in a good way). Gordon Square is the current up and coming neighborhood, but I think Lakewood looks much nicer. If you move to Lakewood you want to be near the western end by Rocky River or north near the Lake. Rocky River is a great place if you don't mind the price premium. Warehouse district isn't as cool as the other west side areas I listed -- less of an influence by the small business and art community perhaps? I am not sure.

Shaker Heights, Cleveland Heights, etc. have the best architecture and homes in the city by far, but the communities have been on the decline for years. Go for a drive around the Heights and then go check out Rocky River and it's a night/day difference.

Last edited by RShotl; 08-24-2011 at 08:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland