Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2011, 03:01 PM

124 posts, read 304,223 times

Advertisements

Going out of town Thursday morning and planning to take the Rapid to the airport. Does it drop us close to the check-in area?

If I'm traveling from West Park, is it safe to leave my car for a few days at the station?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2011, 04:27 PM

420 posts, read 1,041,628 times
Default yes and no

Since you live westside , have someone drive you to the airport .
However if you do use the Rapid , RTA does have it's own Police Force
yes true cops , Your car will be okay .
And no it is a little walk to the check-in area .
That said , anyone thinking of the Rapid to the airport should do a dry run.
Eastside people should really use the Rapid m with gas prises as they are
4 no blink an eye , 4.15 oh wait now at 4.20 per gallon OMG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMHFoster View Post
Going out of town Thursday morning and planning to take the Rapid to the airport. Does it drop us close to the check-in area?

If I'm traveling from West Park, is it safe to leave my car for a few days at the station?

Thanks!

Old 05-03-2011, 07:30 PM

Thanks for the tips! Went for a ride tonight and made it from my house to the gate in 45 minutes. Exit the train, walk across a lobby, ride the escalator up, and poof! At the check-in desks.

Would definately have my husband drive me to the airport if he wasn't working. This will work great.

Old 05-03-2011, 10:54 PM

869 posts, read 1,277,004 times
I always take the rapid to the Airport. Great resource to have in Cleveland.

Old 05-17-2011, 12:37 PM

101 posts, read 204,038 times
yes its really right below the check in. make sure your card is activated by the machines. really a great light rail to downtown.

Old 05-21-2011, 09:04 AM

3,520 posts, read 9,235,690 times
Of the airports I've used with rail and/or bus connections (which is about 10 airports, including DC National, BWI, DC Dulles, Philadelphia, Newark, both Chicago airports, and St. Louis), Cleveland's airport-transit connection is probably the most convenient to use IMO.

Old 05-21-2011, 07:36 PM

1,471 posts, read 3,338,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMHFoster View Post
Thanks for the tips! Went for a ride tonight and made it from my house to the gate in 45 minutes. Exit the train, walk across a lobby, ride the escalator up, and poof! At the check-in desks.

Would definately have my husband drive me to the airport if he wasn't working. This will work great.
It took 45 minutes from west park? eeks. Well you are smart to give it time, I used to use the "rapid" pretty often to go to the airport when I lived in Cleveland, and it always took longer than the schedule and it was puzzling how often weird delays occurred...but 45 min from west park?

Old 05-21-2011, 09:16 PM

420 posts, read 1,041,628 times
Default A Westpark Station is

Where these folks boarded the train , Because of other posts
from this op , They drove from River to the station.
Just thought I clear that up a bit .

[quote=Clevelandgal;19254783]It took 45 minutes from west park? eeks.

Old 05-22-2011, 08:46 AM

Sorry - wasn't paying attention and didn't see your comment. The actual ride only took about 15 minutes once I was on the train. Had to wait about 5 minutes for it to arrive at the station.

It will be a lot more convenient once we move. It is still kind of a pain from River but still saved me time and the cost of parking for a week.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:46 AM

16,544 posts, read 19,672,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevelandgal View Post
It took 45 minutes from west park? eeks. Well you are smart to give it time, I used to use the "rapid" pretty often to go to the airport when I lived in Cleveland, and it always took longer than the schedule and it was puzzling how often weird delays occurred...but 45 min from west park?
LOL Right. He said "From my house" "to the gate".
That's pretty good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland