Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2011, 07:34 PM

2 posts, read 8,249 times

Advertisements

Hi - I am currently looking at relocating near this area. I have heard it is not safe to go North or East from here very far - gets kinda sketchy.

My wife and I like to run a lot with our dog.

From driving around I think it looks like an OK place - does anyone have any input who lives near there?

Thank you in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2011, 09:45 AM

126 posts, read 339,139 times
Hi,
I don't think this is a dangerous area. If you head north on Dunham, there are rows and rows of tree-lined streets and I never felt it was unsafe. Farther up, there are some businesses like scrap metal recycling (or something like that) and it looks a little run-down, but not too bad. Right past that, there's Rockside Rd. which is pretty busy, especially when the school nearby is beginning or letting out.

If you head East along Turney Rd., there are neighborhoods of small houses. Farther on, there are a lot of apartments, then an entrance to the Bedford Reservation, and then you get to downtown Bedford. I would say this section of Turney Rd. is low to middle income, but it's ok. I used to live near there and I walked alone to the Drug Mart or the bank at Turney/Dunham all the time. Even at night, I never felt threatened.

If you head South on Dunham, there are some nice houses and it slopes down into a big valley and crosses through the Bedford Reservation. After that, the neighborhoods keep getting better. This would be a scenic place for a run, but that hill would be exhausting! Still, you could always go running through the park.

As for what you heard about the North and East, here's what to watch out for:

North: in Garfield Heights, it gets scary on Turney Rd. a little past the Turneytown shopping center. Garfield Heights is pretty rundown, but you'll be good until you hit this area where it gets pretty bad pretty quick.

East: Northfield Rd. is a good boundary. Don't go near the Randall Park Mall!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
View detailed profiles of: