Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 09:15 AM

246 posts, read 473,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
wtf?!?!?
Yeah I feel what he is saying about good looking. Fit people who are active and care about their appearence. Not just the out of shape "people of Wal-Mart" types you get a lot of in Brook Park and North Ridgeville.

Back to the Topic...Lakewood and West Park are the best for what you are looking for. I prefer Lakewood, some prefer West Park. You'll have to make your own opinion. Rocky River is even better in my opinion if you have the money (very few nice homes under $180K). The Northeast area of Rocky River (North of Hilliard/East of Lakeview OR anything north of Detroit) is very much like Lakewood and a lot less "suburbie". Lots of local stores and good dining/wine bars within close proximity. The further south and west in RR you go the more suburb it gets.

Westlake is the definition of suburb. It is nice but not everyone's cup of tea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2011, 10:20 PM

420 posts, read 1,037,836 times
Default Man , WTF

Ok , lets go , areas are now based on people's great looks and dress , what a joke.
There is noone here that can say (IMO) in a given work day , that can say they were in Westlake , then WESTERN LAKEWOOD , to Old Brooklyn ,
then to Gates Mills and all between . In each city's residental areas.
The old dude in Westlake jogging in way to short shorts YUK.
to the dad pushing a stoller , in cutoffs.

Someone's post here was on my mind, when just the other day I found
myself working around Lakewood 's western edge , NICE area , as I knew
it would be , but found it to be average in the people watching , then
Look out , one real looker , but some would say the skin tone was
way to pale , as one might not be surprized to see , given this area's
ethnic northern County Mayo .
See how stupid this is ?
If one wants to say , I like this area because . That would be great.

Old 11-02-2011, 05:33 AM

9 posts, read 16,159 times
Westlake is far out. It borders Lorain county. It is chock full of "new money" people and is highly overrated. I would stick to inner-ring suburbs like Lakewood which are far more elegant (historic homes, mature tree-lined streets) as well as diverse and have a thriving art community. My brother lives in Lakewood, but I personally live on the East Side. Also- don't believe the hype about Detroit Shoreway! I lived there for 2 yrs. The only nice part is the square- once you veer off that lone block, into the residential areas, you will frequently find all the symptoms of urban decay. I would reccoment West Park, which is in Cleveland Proper, but is suburban-like
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland