Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2008, 12:59 AM

682 posts, read 1,570,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
Are you being sarcastic?
Apparently I wasn't being sarcastic enough... I'm sorry that you even had to guess, and I'm even more sorry that you were mired in a debate over whether or not you had the right to move (or even travel) from one community to another.

Old 10-08-2008, 01:07 AM

682 posts, read 1,570,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Boyardee View Post
Exactly, you think you are ENTITLED, because you think that you have a RIGHT, because you think it would be IMMORAL to restrain you, in anyway, from going wherever your little feet want to take you. Well, I don't. As a matter of fact, I think it is IMMORAL to enable you to do that, because it deprives others of their Moral Right, to preserve their community. "You," basically, are a community killer.
OK... so... I'm mostly Welsh, but also 1/16 American Indian. Should I:

A.) Move back to Wales, but chop off my hand and leave it here in the US? or;

B.) Move back to Wales, but visit the US for two weeks every year? or;

C.) Vote for the Communist Party, so that I can have the local party officials tell me where to live and travel?

After all, I don't want to be a commune.... errrr, commun-ity killer.

Old 10-08-2008, 08:59 AM

72,797 posts, read 62,098,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cactus Leaguer View Post
Apparently I wasn't being sarcastic enough... I'm sorry that you even had to guess, and I'm even more sorry that you were mired in a debate over whether or not you had the right to move (or even travel) from one community to another.
That's okay. I just wanted a civilized discussion withoutit going off topic which I felt was nearly impossible at one point. I started a thread of the topic because I didn't want to mention anymore of it on this thread. Cleveland is known as a dying city because of its economical problems. Race is just one of the those things that just happened to come with the package.

Old 10-08-2008, 07:43 PM

980 posts, read 1,139,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H-I-O View Post
Chef Boyardee

The statments you make are extremely ignorant. Who do you think you are telling someone where they can and cant go. Do you think your better than a certain class of people, there for they should stay out of your little metropolis.

Unless your posting from Alabama in 1960 you need a reality check.
Interesting that you would bring that up! Apparently, there is historical precedence for my position

Old 10-08-2008, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cactus Leaguer View Post
OK... so... I'm mostly Welsh, but also 1/16 American Indian. Should I:

A.) Move back to Wales, but chop off my hand and leave it here in the US? or;

B.) Move back to Wales, but visit the US for two weeks every year? or;

C.) Vote for the Communist Party, so that I can have the local party officials tell me where to live and travel?

After all, I don't want to be a commune.... errrr, commun-ity killer.
Interesting Question! Apparently, communities have been built, using different tribal (common descent) mixes and religions. What gets chosen as the standard, depends on the community, but usually, the ones that last, do so, because they chose something that worked. In other words, they chose things that bound their community together, in ties of racial (common descent) and religious brotherhood.

Old 10-08-2008, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
That's okay. I just wanted a civilized discussion withoutit going off topic which I felt was nearly impossible at one point. I started a thread of the topic because I didn't want to mention anymore of it on this thread. Cleveland is known as a dying city because of its economical problems. Race is just one of the those things that just happened to come with the package.
No, actually Racial (common descent: color is a really good clue in that regard ) De-Segregation/Integration motivated White People to move the freak out of Cleveland and to the suburbs, as fast as they could!

Old 10-08-2008, 07:58 PM

See, the really neat thing about Cleveland is that there's about a million people living in the suburbs surrounding Cleveland. That's more than double the population of The City of Cleveland. Most of those people are White and many (perhaps even most) of their ancestors, lived in The City of Cleveland and never really wanted to move, until the 1960s. That was the decade when Black People started rioting

Old 10-15-2008, 05:35 AM

65 posts, read 252,442 times
hmm, ChefBoyardee, are you card-carrying KKK member, or do you just do this for fun on the weekends?

I mean, if you really hate the thought of black, Hispanic, any-other-race-as-you-perceive-as-a-threat-to-your- little-world moving in, why not start a community for the white people whom you approve of. You can name it WASPville or something. of course, be careful now... you might get some blacks trying to "pass" because we all know how the 1/16th law works, don't we?

even though a minority, i am sure there are more of your kind out there. and that is probably what is killing the city more than the "danger" of integration

Old 10-15-2008, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikaranotori View Post
hmm, ChefBoyardee, are you card-carrying KKK member, or do you just do this for fun on the weekends?

I mean, if you really hate the thought of black, Hispanic, any-other-race-as-you-perceive-as-a-threat-to-your- little-world moving in, why not start a community for the white people whom you approve of. You can name it WASPville or something. of course, be careful now... you might get some blacks trying to "pass" because we all know how the 1/16th law works, don't we?

even though a minority, i am sure there are more of your kind out there. and that is probably what is killing the city more than the "danger" of integration
I think you are scary; you appear to have no respect for the way things are.

I think you hate White People (I wouldn't be surprised if you were one), because you mock the idea that they might want to preserve their kind.

I think you are incompetent; common descent is fundamental to families, churches and communities.

I wouldn't be surprised if you were a card carrying member of, "Citizens for the extermination of The White Race."

I think it is safe to say, you'll be voting for this guy:

Old 10-16-2008, 09:35 AM

60 posts, read 152,064 times
Wow, a blatant and unrepentant racist, lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland