Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 01:54 PM

223 posts, read 397,670 times

Advertisements

You"ll be just fine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2012, 02:48 PM

3,844 posts, read 9,281,289 times
Have you checked out University Circle or Tremont neighborhoods at all?

University Circle: Uptown Apartments!
Tremont: Tremont Place Lofts, Cleveland Ohio Apartments

Huron and Obsorne are great...definitely is the Bingham

Old 04-24-2012, 06:55 PM
jex

8 posts, read 19,448 times
Just signed a lease with 668 the other day. It is an amazing apartment building. It is true that a long 'waitlist' exists, however, what someone previously mentioned here or on another forum is that they don't really follow the order of the waitlist necessarily. If you keep calling for availability and are persistent and something happens to open up they will give it to you.

To be honest I can't really imagine that they would keep such a long waitlist and religiously follow up on each potential candidate.

Current lease holders must give notice at least 60 days in advance here so if you're looking for a July 1st move in I would be contacting them now and everyday until you get a unit.

Good luck!

Old 04-24-2012, 07:43 PM

5 posts, read 15,013 times
Hey Jex - I have definitely seen what you're talking about, I've been pretty persistent so hopefully that may work in my favor? My only thing is the ONE site i found with reviews gave some negative reviews... regarding management/dog poop in the halls??/heat+electric bill i still love what i see online though!! When you visited, did it still seem like the clean nice building they portray? Only issue is I haven't seen it in person since I won't be coming to town for another month to look at places. Also, do you know if they include anything in their rent... water/sewage/trash? or is everything a "pay as you go"

Costello and Philadelphia - Thanks for the advice on Huron/Osborn...! And I am looking into tremont lofts... definitely look great and the area looks cute! As far as uptown, i think that may a little steep for my price range... I'm seeing that their prices are pretty high, but it looks/sounds nice! And, I like the bingham as well! Also looking at bridgeview. But, I think from what I see, I'd ideally like to live by east 4th rather than warehouse district. But, who knows what will be available in both areas!

Thanks again!!

Old 04-24-2012, 07:50 PM

3,844 posts, read 9,281,289 times
668 Euclid would definitely be my first choice downtown. Not to mention, a 24-hour gym on the first floor! Downtown Cleveland Gyms, Ohio and Fitness Clubs, Open 24 Hours, Areas Largest GYM, Boot Camps, Spinning, Yoga, Zumba,

BUT the Bingham also has a grocery store on it's first floor too.
Constantinos Market | Cleveland's Neighborhood Market

Just some things to consider

Old 04-25-2012, 11:10 PM
jex

I've toured a few times and I didn't see any issue with the building being unkempt. IIRC water/sewage/trash is included in the rent, you pay gas/electric/tv/internet. And parking is 90/month for a covered space.

Can't say with much certainty how things are on a day-to-day basis but I feel like the webpage is pretty spot-on as for the appearance of the buildings/rooms themselves.

Have also heard great things about Bingham btw.

Old 04-26-2012, 06:54 PM

137 posts, read 266,907 times
Hi, I'm 24 and moved here from Buffalo, and love it! Really great city for young professionals, I'll share a couple of observations that I have found:

1) Your buck will go a long way, but it's really LOCATION. Seriously, you will see nice looking apartments that seem too good to be true, they probably are. I have also noticed that you can fully remodeled 1000 sqft apartments with full hardwood, and stainless appliances. Steer clear! There are a couple of scummy companies (Integrity real estate and AIY in particular)

2) Parking is rough in the Warehouse District. Expect to add $120 to your rent.

3) Cleveland has a crime problem. As a young lady, you may want to consider taking a self-defense class, or even carrying a small handgun if you are comfortable with that.

4) Be prepared to see far older buildings for rent than in DC. You need to ask about heat/AC since in some buildings it's centrally controlled (ie. they decide when heat goes on, you can make minor adjustments) Some buildings have huge complaints over the company not turning on heat early enough.

5) Almost no buildings downtown have opening windows. That's important for me, so downtown won't work.

6) There is only one grocery store downtown, that is important to know.

Most important... Ask questions on this forum! People are super friendly here and you'll get great advice every time!

I love Cleveland, and having lived in Montreal, Ottawa, and Buffalo, find the weather to be VERY NICE. Just remember to keep an open mind and form your own opinions, if I listened to the media about Cleveland I would never have moved here. I don't know that I will live here forever, but it's by far my favorite city that I have lived in so far in life.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:33 PM
jex

Quote:
Originally Posted by New-in-NEO View Post

5) Almost no buildings downtown have opening windows. That's important for me, so downtown won't work.
(I'm really not a marketer for 668), but 668 does have opening windows.
Quote:
6) There is only one grocery store downtown, that is important to know.
Steelyard Commons is also a quick drive south and has a Walmart and Target. If you really need a Whole Foods gotta go to the east side.

Quote:
I love Cleveland, and having lived in Montreal .. if I listened to the media about Cleveland I would never have moved here. I don't know that I will live here forever, but it's by far my favorite city that I have lived in so far in life.
Cleveland over Montreal?? Eh, not quite sure about that one.

Old 04-26-2012, 10:00 PM

4,069 posts, read 7,313,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jex View Post
Steelyard Commons is also a quick drive south and has a Walmart and Target. If you really need a Whole Foods gotta go to the east side.
I hear a Whole Foods will be opening in Rocky River, but you'll have to wait until late 2014 for that one... why will it take so long?

Anyway, to my way of thinking, someone living right in the center of a major city should not have to "drive" to do grocery shopping. When I say things like "Cleveland never quite felt like a 'real' city to me", that's the kind of stuff I'm talking about.

Old 04-26-2012, 11:57 PM
jex

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew61 View Post
I hear a Whole Foods will be opening in Rocky River, but you'll have to wait until late 2014 for that one... why will it take so long?

Anyway, to my way of thinking, someone living right in the center of a major city should not have to "drive" to do grocery shopping. When I say things like "Cleveland never quite felt like a 'real' city to me", that's the kind of stuff I'm talking about.
A new Whole Foods would be awesome - I can wait til 2014 =].

Re: groceries .. I don't think of Cleve as a 'major' city but then again there are lots of major/real cities where you really gotta drive to get stuff done. For its size I don't expect any more from Cleve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland