Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 10:08 AM

2,221 posts, read 4,390,912 times

Advertisements

The most desirable areas in my book tend to be the costliest areas. Chagrin Falls if you can afford is the best in my book and best place in Ohio that I have lived and visited.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2013, 01:28 PM

26 posts, read 56,049 times
I wouldn't consider most of those places - suburbs like Solon are pretty uninspiring.

Chagrin Falls would be the top of my list - it's incredibly charming. I'd also consider places near by like South Russel or Bainbridge. Or, if you have a high budget Gates Mills, Pepper Pike, Hunting Valley, Bentleyville, etc. These are the wealthiest communities in Cleveland. These are also a bit more country estate like then I would picture as suburb.

If you don't need to be downtown for work, some other areas on the east side that are nice would include Waite Hill, Concord and Auburn. Willoughby would be a decent place on the cheaper end, but it's surrounded by lesser areas.

Outside of Chagrin and the likes, I'd look at north Rocky River or Bay Village. These have a really nice manicured suburban feel which is a lot different then the east side communities mentioned.

Old 03-13-2013, 06:41 PM

4,649 posts, read 4,970,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvOrlando View Post
Solon was great, but is on its way down.

Rocky River is fine, but too close to Lakewood.

Westlake is fine and will have less snow than...

Chagrin, which is probably the best of the bunch and stable.

Broadview/North Royalton and Brecksville are really nice and absolutely worth a look. They're good now and going nowhere but up. If I went back to live, that's where I'd be.
I didn't once in my 25 years in Cleveland hear "too close to Lakewood" brought up as a negative of any place. "Too close to East Cleveland," I heard dozens of times. "Too close to Lakewood," not a single time.

Old 03-14-2013, 07:50 AM

16,544 posts, read 19,679,952 times
Agree. You generally have good posts here LuvOrlando. That may be one of your worst.

Solon is "going down".
Rocky River is more then fine and the part of River that borders Lakewood is the "Best Side" of Lakewood as some here would say.

Old 03-14-2013, 01:06 PM

11,052 posts, read 12,436,723 times
Solon is pretty dull, but how exactly is it "going down?"

Old 03-14-2013, 04:10 PM

16,544 posts, read 19,679,952 times
Maybe because the Applebees closed?

Old 03-14-2013, 04:12 PM

11,052 posts, read 12,436,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
That would make sense then.

Old 03-15-2013, 08:17 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,835,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Well played, IMO.

Old 03-17-2013, 05:09 AM

1 posts, read 1,447 times
I live in the brecksville and BROADVIEW heights school system, and I know they have a strong gifted program from elementary through high school, several Ap classes in high school, great rec, and extra curriculars. The type of people living in this community range from affluent, to people living in apartments, so that would be a non-issue. We live in broadview heights; we have a rec, but not as nice as brecksvilles. You can't go wrong living here- very centrally located, affordable, and growing.
I consider it a very close- knit community.
Solon, and Orange are also extremely strong school systems, especially for gifted, but housing is WAY more expensive than the BBHS area.

Rocky river is also a strong school system, but less accessible to the east side which people frequent for culture, shopping reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland