Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 05:44 PM

25 posts, read 60,696 times

Advertisements

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone knows of any good apartment complexes either West or East side but NOT in the Gold Coast area that have a good lake view?

I know it's one of the things that our city hasn't done well (lake development), but I'm finding it hard to find anything on my own, so I'm wondering if anyone else has any little hidden gems.

I don't really care about price or pets or anything like that, I'm just looking for ANYTHING other than what's on Edgewater in Lakewood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2012, 05:59 PM

4,069 posts, read 7,312,310 times
What's wrong with the Gold Coast?

There really isn't much else around, in regards to what you're looking for.

There are lakefront highrises on Lake Shore Boulevard in Euclid, but that's just a more rundown version of the Gold Coast.

I think there might be a few lakefront apartments further east in Willowick.

Bratenahl has a pair of lakefront condo towers, nestled in with all the leafy estates... I don't know if any of those units are ever offered for rent, however.

On the west, after Lakewood, you have to go all the way out to Sheffield Lake before there's an apartment complex on the lake... and then it's just one building, I think.

I don't know if you would consider living downtown, but I think some of the converted loft buildings in the Warehouse District (and maybe the Flats) offer lake views.

Old 05-15-2012, 08:57 PM

Nothing wrong with the Gold Coast, but I'm not ready to buy yet and most of the lake view apartments there seem to be condos. Once in awhile I see a few condo owners try to rent but their prices are usually a little out of my budget ($500-$700).

I've looked at the Harbor View near the Metroparks but I'm not sure I would consider them on the lake. And I know where you're talking about in Euclid. There's one apartment there in particular that charges something like $395 for a 1 bedroom which is a dead giveaway that's probably not the best place to go.

Old 05-15-2012, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisohio42 View Post
Nothing wrong with the Gold Coast, but I'm not ready to buy yet and most of the lake view apartments there seem to be condos. Once in awhile I see a few condo owners try to rent but their prices are usually a little out of my budget ($500-$700).

I've looked at the Harbor View near the Metroparks but I'm not sure I would consider them on the lake. And I know where you're talking about in Euclid. There's one apartment there in particular that charges something like $395 for a 1 bedroom which is a dead giveaway that's probably not the best place to go.
About five of the dozen or so Gold Coast highrises are still strictly rental. And in most of the others, it should be pretty easy to find an owner renting out their unit.

Are you really saying $500 is too steep for you? It's going to be pretty difficult to find a good apartment, whether along the lake or not, for much less than that.

Old 05-15-2012, 10:32 PM

My price range is $500-$700 for a 1 bedroom. Anything less than that is usually sketchy and anything more is usually not worth it. Most of the apartments in the area actually fall into that range, unless you're looking for something really trendy, like Stonebridge.

Which Gold Coast highrises are strictly rentals? I wasn't aware there were that many.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisohio42 View Post
Which Gold Coast highrises are strictly rentals? I wasn't aware there were that many.
Off the top of my head: The Shoreham, Imperial House, Twelve Thousand, and one of the two Marine Towers (I forget which one). Lake Shore Towers is also a rental, but I think that's seniors only.

Old 05-16-2012, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew61 View Post
Off the top of my head: The Shoreham, Imperial House, Twelve Thousand, and one of the two Marine Towers (I forget which one). Lake Shore Towers is also a rental, but I think that's seniors only.
Thanks for those suggestions!

Old 05-16-2012, 08:04 PM

3,844 posts, read 9,279,817 times
Quay 55 on the Eastside...wake up with a view of the water every morning.

Quay 55 Apartments

Old 05-18-2012, 04:43 AM

137 posts, read 266,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by costello_musicman View Post
Quay 55 on the Eastside...wake up with a view of the water every morning.

Quay 55 Apartments
Those start at $1080 per month... He is looking at $500-700

Old 05-19-2012, 06:29 PM

1,501 posts, read 5,100,917 times
There are some along Lake Shore Blvd right at the end of Vine St. in Willowick, as well as some complexes further east in Eastlake. Not sure about price, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland