Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 09:38 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,437,452 times

Advertisements

Ikea doesn't only have furniture, I like their accessories like dishes, linens, and other little thingys like that. I have gotten some good ideas on how to save space by the way they organize their displays using all kinds of space saving devices for smaller apartments.

Besides, for me their stores are kind of like a poor person's amusement park. They are kind of fun and there is no admission fee. The food is pretty good too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2015, 06:19 AM

555 posts, read 891,973 times
Minervah, how are you handling the Cleveland winter? I've never been to the PNW, but I understand that it doesn't get the snow and bitter cold that NE Ohio does.

Old 02-27-2015, 01:15 PM

252 posts, read 349,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland_Collector View Post
Meh. Ikea is overrated. Besides, you can order the same Chinese-made, self-assembled crap online.
Yep. Sauder makes some of their stuff. That's the same particle board stuff you see at Kmart, Walmart, Target, etc.

Sauder, Ikea sign new deal - Toledo Blade

Old 02-27-2015, 08:41 PM

5,993 posts, read 10,184,408 times
You don't need Ikea. It kinda blows.

Old 02-27-2015, 09:32 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,173,361 times
It has its place, but by no means does its existence in your metro somehow indicate that you've hit the big time. It's a big, blue and yellow store that sells cheap housewares. Yahoo.

Old 02-27-2015, 09:48 PM

252 posts, read 349,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Min-Chi-Cbus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland_Collector View Post
It has its place, but by no means does its existence in your metro somehow indicate that you've hit the big time. It's a big, blue and yellow store that sells cheap housewares. Yahoo.
I was really disappointed when I went to the store in Cincinnati. I liked the furniture styles, but I was misled into thinking the stuff they sold was cheap in price. It may be cheap compared to real furniture, but for what it is (put together furniture), it was not cheap. I have two particle board and vinyl laminate Sauder bookcases in my basement I bought at Value City for $19.99 each. Now that's what I consider cheap.

I also wasn't very impressed with the cheap housewares. At the time I was there, it was a little too "lava lamp" style for my tastes.

Old 08-21-2015, 07:21 PM

3,413 posts, read 5,122,775 times
Since the Brooklyn site is environmentally problematic, here's an idea, why not put it on the site of Burke Lakefront Airport? As this article explains, Burke is really no longer needed, despite what the Cleveland leaders tell us. Numbers Now Say Burke Is Really No Longer Needed | Belt Magazine | Dispatches From The Rust Belt

Old 08-22-2015, 07:40 AM

3,281 posts, read 6,274,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleverfield View Post
Since the Brooklyn site is environmentally problematic, here's an idea, why not put it on the site of Burke Lakefront Airport? As this article explains, Burke is really no longer needed, despite what the Cleveland leaders tell us. Numbers Now Say Burke Is Really No Longer Needed | Belt Magazine | Dispatches From The Rust Belt
I agree that Burke isn't needed and the land could be put to better use, but I'm not sold on the idea of that location being used for retail. I'd like to see mixed use or explore some of many ways that Chicago utilizes its lakefront land.

Old 08-22-2015, 07:51 AM

31 posts, read 31,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Min-Chi-Cbus View Post
I think a lot of people like the shopping experience, the layout of the store and the daycare and concession stand. At least subconsciously that's what I have noticed. Also seeing the young families who are starting out in life having new enthusiasm while buying furniture.

Old 08-22-2015, 03:31 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,437,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davesantos23 View Post
I think a lot of people like the shopping experience, the layout of the store and the daycare and concession stand. At least subconsciously that's what I have noticed. Also seeing the young families who are starting out in life having new enthusiasm while buying furniture.
I agree. It's a little different from your usual store and it's fun. The furniture isn't of the highest quality like you would get in the better stores but it's not bad for those starting out or as in my case finishing up and you are looking for a little table to fill a space or a less expensive set of shelves for your first apartment.

One nice thing for apartment dwellers is that everything is apartment size. I have mostly lived in small apartments and have been very frustrated by the size of the large pieces the regular furniture stores mostly offer. A lot of what Ikea offers in the way of furniture isn't my preferred style like their sofas and chairs but the small tables, cabinets and other pieces of that nature are just the thing. And I like browsing the gee-gaws.

For some people the Swedish meatballs are worth the trip alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland