Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 09:13 AM

11,052 posts, read 12,436,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1watertiger View Post
nothing wrong with parma. very affordable and close to downtown,airport,zoo,etc. the streets off of state rd in the ukranian village area are my favorite. parma is still safe and people take care of their property. people with mostly eastern european roots.
But it's pretty boring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2013, 12:15 PM

11 posts, read 14,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
But it's pretty boring.
I am in my upper 30's so I'm not looking for a Miami strip type atmosphere. It doesn't take much for me to have fun, and my husband is happy as long as he is in the vicinity of a bar. My son may have a problem with boredom once he's a teen, but he will manage.

Old 04-13-2013, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMCross75 View Post
I am in my upper 30's so I'm not looking for a Miami strip type atmosphere. It doesn't take much for me to have fun, and my husband is happy as long as he is in the vicinity of a bar. My son may have a problem with boredom once he's a teen, but he will manage.
There is no Miami Strip equivalent in Cleveland. I'm just saying Parma is really really boring. Why not Shaker or Cleveland Heights or Lakewood? All 3 are vastly superior and affordable. You don't actually have to compromise anything when you move here if you don't want!

Old 04-15-2013, 07:58 AM

16,544 posts, read 19,679,952 times
O jeez. Come on Jimmy. Even if Parma was the most boring place on Earth, it doesn't exactly take very long to get.... ANYWHERE else.
Second that Parma would be a fine choice.
Plenty of corner bars for hubby, and plenty of indy restaraunts in this town for you.

Old 04-15-2013, 08:03 AM

Peregrine, but seriously, you're telling me if you are moving here and can choose between Parma, Lakewood, Cleveland Heights, etc, you would choose Parma?

I don't think there is anything wrong with living in Parma, but in my opinion, there are many much better options.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:23 PM

2,365 posts, read 4,373,416 times
yes parma over cleve.hts. hands down for me. i like the food and culture of the people there, instead of the mixed/intergrated nieghborhoods of cleveland hts.

Old 04-16-2013, 07:36 AM

Me personally, if I were looking to purchase I would absolutely not discount Parma. Very affordable suburb. More so then Lakewood.

If I were renting I would not consider Parma. But that's really because I prefer to live as close to downtown as I can.

And the Heights are out for me... die hard westsider here. Might possibly consider it if I could get one of those big old houses.

Old 04-16-2013, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Me personally, if I were looking to purchase I would absolutely not discount Parma. Very affordable suburb. More so then Lakewood.

If I were renting I would not consider Parma. But that's really because I prefer to live as close to downtown as I can.

And the Heights are out for me... die hard westsider here. Might possibly consider it if I could get one of those big old houses.
You do realize that the east side and west side are in the same city. I'll never understand this regressive mentality....

But fair enough on the purchasing vs. renting thing.

Old 04-16-2013, 10:26 AM

4,649 posts, read 4,970,942 times
Quote:
Peregrine, but seriously, you're telling me if you are moving here and can choose between Parma, Lakewood, Cleveland Heights, etc, you would choose Parma?

I don't think there is anything wrong with living in Parma, but in my opinion, there are many much better options.
Why not? People do all the time. There are like 80,000 people living in Parma, you think they were all forced to live there?

Old 04-16-2013, 07:43 PM

Quote:
You do realize that the east side and west side are in the same city. I'll never understand this regressive mentality....
Seriously? It's not a regressive mentality. Don't be a ... jerk.
Pardon me if I prefer freeway access.
I have no issue with the eastside. Let's be honest: ALL the best stuff is over there. I currently live, no bs, less then 5 minutes from: I-71, I-90 and I-480. And 10 minutes from the Shoreway.
I like the Westside because of geography and infrastructure... not from some perceived notion that the west is superior to the east. There are places on the eastside that, by the time you even get to a freeway, I am downtown already... or halfway to Cedar Point...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland