Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 08:41 AM

1,374 posts, read 3,254,805 times

Advertisements

Cleveland has borne witness to some serious declines in population and industry over the past 3 decades; however, make no mistake, Cleveland is still very much a relevant and important city in America, and globally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2014, 08:48 AM

11,052 posts, read 12,445,509 times
I guess I don't see how it matters if other people "think" you're important or not.

Old 02-16-2014, 09:00 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,450,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
I guess I don't see how it matters if other people "think" you're important or not.
It doesn't. I really do not understand the OP's angst over how Cleveland is perceived. There are too many similar threads around here to count. As long as you're happy, as a resident, who cares what anyone else thinks.

Old 02-16-2014, 12:38 PM

4,823 posts, read 4,941,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by born in cleveland bob View Post
I was born and raised in University Heights and had been back maybe 3 times in 30 years. Lived in Cali, No Va , Dc and now Raleigh NC. Hooked up with an old friend In Cleveland and was thrilled to see what had happened. The ride from 105th to Downtown was safe and unrecognizable. We stayed @ a B & B in University Circle that was excellent and yes the foodie options are great. The architecture and housing stock goes from suburban miserable ( my old neighborhood) to exquisite. Shaker Heights is the bomb. ANd I know folks are mentioning other neighborhoods that I dont even know about that sound intriguing. As alwasy Cleveland Art, Music etc is awesome. Downtown the R & R Hall of Fame was a blast. Frankly I have had it with living in NC and the single biggest thing that keeps me from moving to Cleveland is the weather. But people are VERY friendly in a genuine way and to me the city feels like its about to be discovered.
The qulaity of life and cost of living is very good. Yes there is still lots of room for improvement. And when folks look for a place to live it is NOT on their radar but as my buddy said when folks find what they can buy or rent compared to ANYWHERE in the NORTHEAST or the LEFT COAST they are so shocked like I was you have to seriously consider it. Go Cleveland ! You been down a long time but the best is yet to come.

FYI been back twice in a year and will return again
I hear ya; considering moving to Cleveland as well and I know more than a few other former Clevelanders thinking the same way. I visit often and have friends from the east coast that love visiting CLE as well. Weather doesn't bother me as I've lived up north my entire life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland