Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 03:54 PM

8 posts, read 7,962 times

Advertisements

Hi guys,

I'm a single female with 6 dogs (from a rural area)--I'm looking to move to CLE to be close to my fiance and family up there, but it's been a bit difficult to get lists of neighborhoods from everyone that would be suitable.

I'm hoping to save to buy in a couple of years so I'm looking for something in a lower price range (<800/month) and I'm not very prissy about the neighborhood. I work at home and own a car so transportation stuff isn't an issue. No kids, either. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any and all advice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2014, 04:55 PM

11,052 posts, read 12,445,509 times
You're not going to be popular with neighbors that live in any kind of close proximity to you. Look somewhere more sparsely populated.

Old 02-23-2014, 06:07 AM

2,365 posts, read 4,375,044 times
somewhere out in medina or lorain county.

Old 02-23-2014, 09:02 AM

1,223 posts, read 1,042,314 times
I assume you're looking for a rental. With 6 dogs, that obviously makes things extremely difficult, most renters make you pay for each pet with a max of one or two. You might think about getting a small house (rental or purchase) in a lower income neighborhood. Obviously you would be looking for some amount of yard and a fence. You would also want the house to be somewhat isolated, don't want to **** off the neighborhoods with all the dogs. Consider leaving some of the dogs back on the farm with mom and dad.

Old 02-23-2014, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 216facts View Post
I assume you're looking for a rental. With 6 dogs, that obviously makes things extremely difficult, most renters make you pay for each pet with a max of one or two. You might think about getting a small house (rental or purchase) in a lower income neighborhood. Obviously you would be looking for some amount of yard and a fence. You would also want the house to be somewhat isolated, don't want to **** off the neighborhoods with all the dogs. Consider leaving some of the dogs back on the farm with mom and dad.
Yeah, 1 or 2 might be ok, but no way I'd wanna live next to someone with 6!

Old 02-23-2014, 09:13 AM

1,522 posts, read 3,000,709 times
That is a really hard hurdle to get over. Aside from renting a farm, the only other thing I could think of is in neighborhoods that are hard to rent. If you will pay on time I'm sure someone would rent you a house over a no-doc cash-only type.

Of course, that leaves you in neighborhoods where gunfire is almost a certainty, but hey, renting with 6 dogs your pool is going to be very, very small.

Old 02-23-2014, 06:00 PM

Yes, I know I'm going to have to choose some less than optimal places. I work from home so the dogs are constantly supervised and not allowed to bark; living beside me isn't really different than living beside someone with one or two, but obviously no one can be assured of that by my word alone. I'm fine with looking outside of the city of course, it's just difficult to know exactly where to look. Thanks for everyone's input!

Old 02-23-2014, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtoCLE View Post
Yes, I know I'm going to have to choose some less than optimal places. I work from home so the dogs are constantly supervised and not allowed to bark; living beside me isn't really different than living beside someone with one or two, but obviously no one can be assured of that by my word alone. I'm fine with looking outside of the city of course, it's just difficult to know exactly where to look. Thanks for everyone's input!
No landlord in any reputable area would allow you to have that many dogs. I don't think you really know what a less than ideal neighborhood is like. It's no joke- it's the ghetto. You don't want to live there, trust me.

Look somewhere in Geauga County, I'd say.

Old 02-23-2014, 06:09 PM

Thanks for the recommendation!

Old 02-23-2014, 07:23 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,026,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1watertiger View Post
somewhere out in medina or lorain county.
Yeah. Somewhere with enough elbow room for all of you. Especially if you're working from home and commuting's not an issue. Probably you'll find more like-minded rural people out there than Cuyahoga County, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland