Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2014, 05:26 PM

5 posts, read 7,161 times

Advertisements

Hi! My fiance and I are moving to Cleveland Heights at the beginning of June. Our apartment will be near Lee and Meadowbrook. We have drove around the area and all seems to be fairly peaceful. I was wondering, has anybody had any troubles, or good/bad experiences in the area? Also, are there any alternatives to purchasing the parking passes from the city? Likewise, if I have family staying over who does not have a permit, is their any parking alternative for them?

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2014, 08:43 PM

11,052 posts, read 12,432,741 times
Love the area. Cedar-Lee is a good place to live. Used to live there, had only good experiences. Sometimes the high school kids are loud and obnoxious when they get out of school, but usually not too bad. I've spent so many hours at the library, Phoenix Coffee, and Stone Oven I've lost count. Love the New Heights Grille, Anatolya Cafe, Tav Co, Cedar-Lee theater... walking distance toShaker Lakes, not far from downtown or University Circle either. Good choice.

Old 04-28-2014, 08:54 PM

493 posts, read 639,275 times
That area is the most lively in Cleveland Heights. The Cedar-Lee area attracts many people from Cleveland Heights and from the suburbs every day. There are lots of good restaurants there. My favorites are Anatolia Cafe and Taste. And, the best library in the suburbs is walking distance from your apartment. But, the schools are kind of bad and you never want to be caught in the wrong area of town. The area by the East Cleveland border is a little bit sketchy. Overall, Cleveland Heights is a good area.

Old 04-28-2014, 08:56 PM

Ok cool! Ya I grew up on a farm and the biggest town that I have lived in to date is Bowling Green, so I am excited and a bit nervous about the experience.

Old 04-28-2014, 10:21 PM

103 posts, read 210,194 times
For you parking, the best option is probably the city pass. But for company, you can call the Cleveland Heights police and let them know you have company staying over night and give them your company's license plate number and they won't ticket them for breaking the overnight parking ban.

Old 04-29-2014, 09:07 AM

Ok great, I was worried about the parking situation for them. Thank you for the help.

Old 05-01-2014, 04:44 PM

493 posts, read 639,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stcollier View Post
Ok cool! Ya I grew up on a farm and the biggest town that I have lived in to date is Bowling Green, so I am excited and a bit nervous about the experience.
When you're on Cedar Road, you can even see downtown's skyline.

Old 05-12-2014, 08:56 AM

1,046 posts, read 1,534,789 times
See a movie at cedar lee....head to the Capitol to mix it up a bit....it's all good.

Old 05-12-2014, 01:06 PM

5,294 posts, read 5,235,996 times
What a great area for a young couple. Congrats on moving to the Heights.

Old 05-18-2014, 07:15 PM

34 posts, read 130,553 times
I love Cleveland Heights, and there definitely is never a shortage of things to do. Always use caution there though, as some of the nice shopping/restaurant areas do attract crime, mostly people from East Cleveland or Cleveland targeting parked cars. I know a guy who lived in a very nice neighborhood off of Mayfield who had his Audi TT stolen out of the driveway and the cops found it on E. 55th. (Generally north of Mayfield is the more crime-filled end of town) While it's certainly a nice community and much more exciting than the average suburb, if you plan on having children, start saving for private school ASAP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland