U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 10:52 PM

794 posts, read 1,120,123 times

Advertisements

what are some quieter and more well kept areas in cleveland that aren't super expensive like tremont or ohio city?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2014, 11:08 PM

493 posts, read 557,604 times
Within the city of Cleveland? The areas around University Circle and Rockefeller Park. Suburbs included? Solon, Beachwood, Moreland Hills, Orange, Chagrin Falls, most other suburbs.

Old 07-15-2014, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reretarff View Post
Within the city of Cleveland? The areas around University Circle and Rockefeller Park. Suburbs included? Solon, Beachwood, Moreland Hills, Orange, Chagrin Falls, most other suburbs.
most of the suburbs are out of my price range with the exception of maybe a few

Old 07-16-2014, 12:45 AM

493 posts, read 557,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevelander216 View Post
most of the suburbs are out of my price range with the exception of maybe a few
Well, what kind of a neighborhood are you looking for?

Old 07-16-2014, 08:24 AM

133 posts, read 159,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reretarff View Post
University Circle and Rockefeller Park are indeed great, but the "areas around" them are NOT. Some of the most crime ridden parts of the city of Cleveland are in close proximity to Rockefeller Park.

Old Brooklyn seems to fit your description. It's more of a residential neighborhood and is pretty stable and safe.

Old 07-16-2014, 08:40 AM

1,588 posts, read 1,916,801 times
West Park still has enough residents who are cops, city workers and normal people to be stable, quiet.

Old 07-16-2014, 08:43 AM

3,232 posts, read 4,210,776 times
Quote:
what are some quieter and more well kept areas in cleveland that aren't super expensive like tremont or ohio city?
North Collinwood. It's a working class neighborhood that is pretty safe. The neighborhood is attracting artists, and Waterloo Rd. and E 185th, the main business districts, are in the process of gentrifying. The Beachland Ballroom is there, which is great, and it abuts the shore of Lake Erie, which is a great amenity to have. Housing is very affordable. I live there now, and I am very happy with it.

Gordon Square. There are still some good deals to be had over there, especially on the fringes.

Old 07-16-2014, 10:21 AM

246 posts, read 413,768 times
North Collinwood: NE corner the best especially NE of Lakeshore but between Neff and E. 200th North of I-90 is good. The further west of Nottingham the less desirable.

West Park:best part is the streets around around St. Joe's Academy on Rocky River Dr but the Kamm's area North of Lorain between R.River Dr and Warren is very family oriented and safe. Even South of Lorain and West of Warren is fine. Probably don't want to go south of Puritas if that is even still considered West Park. The houses down there aren't a nice stock and it's too close to the riverside public housing complex by the airport.

Edgewater: From W. 117th to the Shoreway entrance at the intersection of Lake and Clifton. Stay North of Baltic between W. 110th and West Blvd and North of Clifton from W. 117th to W. 110th. There really aren't many houses north of Clifton and west of W. 110th that aren't 3,500 sq ft "mansions"; Mostly apartments and big houses, but they are priced nice compared to Lakewood or trendy areas like Tremont.

Old Brooklyn: The bulk is really nice. I'd steer clear of the are around Rhodes High just because of all the issues that thousands of teenagers in the CMSD walking around presents. East of Broadview and South of Spring is nicest IMO, but Old Brooklyn is an area I'm not as familiar with compared to the others already mentioned. There really are nice areas throughout with a few less desirable types rentng but most of the unsavories stick to the huge apartment complexes by the zoo and 176.

These are the safest family neighborhoods in Cleveland. I really like Gordon Square area but it's more hipster/young professional child-less couples than it is family oriented. The deals there are usually in need of rehab or on the fringe areas surrounded by houses full of less desirable types. That area really has picked up over the past couple years in terms of housing prices. Lots of really big houses on Clinton and Franklin and they are priced accordingly with how the popularity has picked up.

Last edited by ECBeastor; 07-16-2014 at 10:31 AM..

Old 07-16-2014, 10:44 AM

Awesome replies everyone. I greatly appreciate it. How is the Jefferson area on the west side and also how about the area around West Blvd.?

Old 07-16-2014, 11:29 AM

246 posts, read 413,768 times
Quote:
Awesome replies everyone. I greatly appreciate it. How is the Jefferson area on the west side and also how about the area around West Blvd.?
What part of West Blvd? Between what streets? North of Baltic is nice. South of Baltic all the way to Lorain pretty much sucks. Madison Ave in Cleveland is basically a hell hole now and anything near it suffers greatly. South of Lorain is okay on West Blvd but not really and gets noticeably rougher on any of the side streets off of W. Blvd. South of the W.105 and West blvd intersection is okay and is probably the second best part of W. Blvd. So in short the far north end and the far south end.

Jefferson is okay but took a hit during the housing crash. I paid close attention to the housing market in that area and small sections of a street with, for example, 50 houses, saw in some cases 15 go into foreclosure. Drove the prices way down on some streets and brought in investors who bought them for $15K to $30K and rent them out with minimal repairs. The area is still a blue collar, relatively safe area. West of W. 130th is the safest but you don't want to live on W. 130th itself with all the traffic, at least not on 130th south of Lorain. Dennis Kucinich "lives" in Jefferson off Cooley. W. 117th is kind of a blight to this area and the immediate streets off it suffer a bit. Still Lots of blue collar folks here who take pride in their properties.

Jefferson is an area where I employ the "you know it when you see it" approach to determine what is a nice street to buy. Can't do that on W. Blvd because it is really nice big houses on West Blvd but right in the backyard of it is a crime infested street of low lifes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland