Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 05:06 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,842,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDog2 View Post
Not True......
Cleveland Indians 1948
Cleveland Browns 1965
And oh...........Cleveland Cavaliers 2015 ~2015~ This is just tooo funny!

GO BROWNS
Cleveland 26 New Orleans 24

waaaay back before there was even a Superbowl, LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2014, 07:36 AM

4,361 posts, read 7,172,111 times
You said...
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Which none have ever won a championship!
You were wrong.

He said...
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDog2 View Post
Not True......
Cleveland Indians 1948
Cleveland Browns 1965
And oh...........Cleveland Cavaliers 2015

GO BROWNS
Cleveland 26 New Orleans 24
GoodDog was right.

Then, you decided it was about Super Bowls and nothing else...
Quote:
There would be 15 other teams in the NFL who haven't won a SB either.

The only ones who should be smh-ing is us.

Old 09-15-2014, 08:45 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:

Super Bowl is a trumped up marketing term for Championship Game. Now I'm a "what have you done for me lately kind of person," but the Browns have 4 NFL titles, and 4 AAFC titles where they won the championship every year they were in that league before being rolled into the NFL. And, technically the Pro Football Hall of Fame counts those, so therefore, they count. Which brings the total to 8 championships. Would I like to see the Browns win a Super Bowl! Hell yeah I would, because I wasn't born yet the last time this city won a championship!

Old 09-15-2014, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland_Collector View Post
You said...

You were wrong.

He said...

GoodDog was right.

Then, you decided it was about Super Bowls and nothing else...

There would be 15 other teams in the NFL who haven't won a SB either.

The only ones who should be smh-ing is us.

Ok still the Browns haven't won since 1965,1965,1965!

Those other 15 teams that haven't won a SB,have their Basketball and Baseball teams also failed to win?

How many other cities have all three pro-sports teams that SUCK as bad as Clevelands?

#1 Worst Sports City In America! http://cover32.com/browns/2014/03/06...ty-in-america/

Also didn't Cleveland's schools have to go into Receivership last year?

Last edited by i_love_autumn; 09-15-2014 at 06:29 PM..

Old 09-15-2014, 07:25 PM

254 posts, read 307,180 times
So how 'bout them Browns?!!

Old 09-15-2014, 10:18 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,172,111 times
Quote:
Ok still the Browns haven't won since 1965,1965,1965!

Those other 15 teams that haven't won a SB,have their Basketball and Baseball teams also failed to win?

How many other cities have all three pro-sports teams that SUCK as bad as Clevelands?

#1 Worst Sports City In America! Top-5: Is Cleveland the worst luck sports city in America? | Cleveland Browns

Also didn't Cleveland's schools have to go into Receivership last year?
Wow, that little pea rolling around in your melon has a hard time concentrating on the fact that YOU said that NONE of Cleveland's teams have won a championship. As some of us have pointed out, they have indeed done so and on several occasions.

Also, the title of the ultra credible opinion piece you offered up -- the one with a whopping 309 views -- is
"Top-5: Is Cleveland the worst luck sports city in America?" Pulitzer material right there, buddy...

The truth is, several American city's teams have their sports woes. In the NFL, the longest drought is San Diego. In the MLB, it's the Chicago Cubs. In the NBA, it's Sacramento.

Old 09-16-2014, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland_[B
Collector[/b];36513176]Wow, that little pea rolling around in your melon has a hard time concentrating on the fact that YOU said that NONE of Cleveland's teams have won a championship. As some of us have pointed out, they have indeed done so and on several occasions.

Also, the title of the ultra credible opinion piece you offered up -- the one with a whopping 309 views -- is
"Top-5: Is Cleveland the worst luck sports city in America?" Pulitzer material right there, buddy...

The truth is, several American city's teams have their sports woes. In the NFL, the longest drought is San Diego. In the MLB, it's the Chicago Cubs. In the NBA, it's Sacramento.

So I should have instead said "since I moved to Ohio in '68?" or how about "in recent DECADES?"

#1 WORST LUCK sports city in America is different than worst sports city in America????

No matter how you try to put spin on it,the fact is Cleveland pro-sports,SUCKS,SUCKS,SUCKS!

I know the OP said "no sports" and I apologize,but IMO it is impossible to give an opinion of the #1 worst sports city in America without mentioning their sucky sports franchises! Look how well the Baltimore Ravens have done since they left Cleveland and changed their name!!!!!! Lebron James was smart to leave Cleveland,and tasted success with 2 back-to-back NBA Championships after leaving Cleveland,but he was a fool to come back and throw away his dream of three NBA championships by coming back to Cleveland.Now that will never happen!

Cleveland schools also are crap!

Last edited by i_love_autumn; 09-16-2014 at 04:05 AM..

Old 09-16-2014, 06:26 AM

254 posts, read 307,180 times
The amount of red highlighting and emoticons used in i_love_autumn's posts is troubling, bordering on offensive.

Old 09-16-2014, 06:39 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
So I should have instead said "since I moved to Ohio in '68?" or how about "in recent DECADES?"

#1 WORST LUCK sports city in America is different than worst sports city in America????

No matter how you try to put spin on it,the fact is Cleveland pro-sports,SUCKS,SUCKS,SUCKS!

I know the OP said "no sports" and I apologize,but IMO it is impossible to give an opinion of the #1 worst sports city in America without mentioning their sucky sports franchises! Look how well the Baltimore Ravens have done since they left Cleveland and changed their name!!!!!! Lebron James was smart to leave Cleveland,and tasted success with 2 back-to-back NBA Championships after leaving Cleveland,but he was a fool to come back and throw away his dream of three NBA championships by coming back to Cleveland.Now that will never happen!

Cleveland schools also are crap!

If you hate Ohio so much, why not just move?! As it is, we have enough negative nellies in this state. Don't let the door hit ya in the a** on the way out! Based on your negativity though, me thinks you would be miserable no matter where you lived.

Oh, and a sucky sports city??? At least we stick by our teams win or lose, not like the bandwagon Steelers fans around here, who will probably be donning a Patriots jersey again come December as they head for another year of medocrity.

Old 09-16-2014, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
If you hate Ohio so much, why not just move?! As it is, we have enough negative nellies in this state. Don't let the door hit ya in the a** on the way out! Based on your negativity though, me thinks you would be miserable no matter where you lived.

Oh, and a sucky sports city??? At least we stick by our teams win or lose, not like the bandwagon Steelers fans around here, who will probably be donning a Patriots jersey again come December as they head for another year of medocrity.

I don't hate the city I live in,just Cleveland,which thankfully I do not live in!

I DO hate the ICKY/STICKY hot humid summers in Ohio,but after much research the west where I was born when my dad was in the AF,has too many other drawbacks,plus too much family here to leave.

I am an AVID and LOYAL fan of the fantastic and deserving Steelers!

The idiotic fans are the exact reason for the lousy Cleveland Sports!

What incentive do they have to strive for greatness when the idiot fans act like they are the greatest teams there are.... despite the truth that they SUCK?

Like the moronic philosophy that has invaded our schools that says no child must be disqualified for sports because they don't have the ability to benefit the team.They must be allowed to join because it might hurt their poor feelings,same as banning teachers from using a red pen to grade their papers,or giving them a failing grade! Raising a nut-case generation that never had to EARN a thing!

If the fans would stay home and stop buying all the team's memorabilia,and stop supporting their lousy *s**s, I'd wager we would see a drastic improvement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland