Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2014, 02:38 PM

869 posts, read 1,278,311 times

Advertisements

I completely agree on all fronts:

5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now | Fodor's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2014, 02:53 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,449,641 times
What a coinkydink. I was just talking to my sister in Toronto who is bringing the whole family to visit in December. She asked where we could go that would be of interest. I sent her this link. Thanks!

Old 10-13-2014, 03:40 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,323,649 times
Ahhh, Cleveland.

I spent a week there one night.

Old 10-13-2014, 04:04 PM

3,844 posts, read 9,285,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
What a coinkydink. I was just talking to my sister in Toronto who is bringing the whole family to visit in December. She asked where we could go that would be of interest. I sent her this link. Thanks!
If they're coming in December, also add to the list

1) Public Square Christmas lights (Travel and Leisure has Cleveland in the top 5 America)
2) "A Christmas Story" House - A Christmas Story House - Ralphie's House Restored to its A Christmas Story Splendor
3) Cleveland Botanical Gardens "Glow" Glow | Cleveland Holiday Events | Holiday Things To Do
4) Rink at Wade Oval ice skating
Find Yourself in the Circle with Glow and the Rink at Wade Oval - YouTube

Not to mention, if they like basketball at all, we do have a pretty darn good team this year.

My favorite holiday experiences are catching a Cleveland Orchestra's holiday performance and Playhouse Square holiday show.

Old 10-13-2014, 04:56 PM

Definitely do a Playhouse Square holiday musical or play. So many choices!

University Circle has a bunch things as well.

Cleveland Museum of Art Lantern Festival
University Circle HolidayFest

Quote:
Originally Posted by costello_musicman View Post

1) Public Square Christmas lights (Travel and Leisure has Cleveland in the top 5 America)
Holy crap! Cleveland really punches above its weight in a lot of those categories!!

Last edited by usaf_1832; 10-13-2014 at 05:09 PM..

Old 10-13-2014, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Ahhh, Cleveland.

I spent a week there one night.
Watch yourself son...Cleveland is the new Brooklyn Pack Your Bags, Cleveland's The New Brooklyn | Brooklyn Magazine

Old 10-13-2014, 08:48 PM

All great ideas. I just have to pull my sister away from the shopping malls.

Old 10-14-2014, 08:39 AM

1,796 posts, read 2,232,994 times
I am truly amazed at how many of these spots Greater Clevelanders have never visited!

Old 10-14-2014, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpl1228 View Post
I am truly amazed at how many of these spots Greater Clevelanders have never visited!
I knew people in Portland and Chicago when I lived in those places who never availed themselves of what those cities had to offer either because they considered them tourist traps or events. What really amazed me was I once met a native New Yorker who had never been to a play or any of the museums because he said they were for visitors to the city only.

I've only moved here since mid June and I've been to some but not by any means not all. I was hoping to find things that were especially Cleveland for Christmas and there are lots of great ideas here. My sister said they like to see things that are unique to an area especially neighborhood celebrations.

Old 10-16-2014, 09:28 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,241,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by costello_musicman View Post
If they're coming in December, also add to the list

2) "A Christmas Story" House - A Christmas Story House - Ralphie's House Restored to its A Christmas Story Splendor
3) Cleveland Botanical Gardens "Glow" Glow | Cleveland Holiday Events | Holiday Things To Do
4) Rink at Wade Oval ice skating
Find Yourself in the Circle with Glow and the Rink at Wade Oval - YouTube

Not to mention, if they like basketball at all, we do have a pretty darn good team this year.

My favorite holiday experiences are catching a Cleveland Orchestra's holiday performance and Playhouse Square holiday show.
I always enjoyed a holiday Orchestra performance and watching the Nutcracker at one of the Playhouse Square Theaters.
I also wherever I live try and catch the Trans Siberian Orchestra concert during the holiday season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
View detailed profiles of: