Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 11:00 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,423,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philometis View Post
Totally new to the thread but after growing up in Euclid, attending Ohio State, I left for the opportunity to work in finance in Florida (I skipped graduation I was so anxious to live in Florida), but as crazy as it sounds, I'm now thinking of purchasing a second home in the Cleveland area many of the posters have talked about. My knowledge is dated but not inconsistent with what I remembered and what you all have said. I would like the University Circle area, but as a "vacation" home, I also am interested in an area close by that perhaps has more upside price potential. Would greatly appreciate any ideas. I don't want to date myself, but I grew up in a 6 bedroom 7 bath house on the shore of Lake Erie and I can tell you, it was the best place to grow up I could imagine, but being in Euclid, I believe that's too far from the city for what I am desiring now... Thanks again.
Closer than Euclid with upside price potential?

I'm not certain, but perhaps check Cleveland Heights near University Circle; (I'm especially not certain of this, but it would be worth researching if interested in upside) Forest Hills in East Cleveland under the theory that this will be prime gentrification potential as University Circle continues to expand and spills into East Cleveland; this already is happening and there's some talk of Cleveland annexing East Cleveland; Ohio City; Detroit/Shoreway; Bratenahl. Downtown condos and Lakewood also maybe should be on the list. BTW, lakeshore properties in Euclid are great values at the moment.

http://www.fhho.org/

I'm not certain of the appreciation potential of these areas. Just throwing out places that I would investigate if interested in appreciation that also are relatively close/convenient (mass transit) to University Circle. Little Italy is most immediately close to University Circle.

If you're only going to be there for part of the year, high-rise condos may offer the most security, which would imply downtown, Lakewood and Bratenahl.

Last edited by WRnative; 02-15-2015 at 11:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2015, 12:56 AM

Default Slavic Village?

Check out German Village in Columbus. Forty years ago, it was on the brink of collapse. Now it has some of the highest real estate prices in Ohio.

I wonder if Slavic Village is the next gentrification hot spot in Greater Cleveland.

the next must-live cleveland neighborhood is...

Its success may parallel the expansion of the neighborhood's Kurents population, which has been growing exponentially. LOL!

Cleveland Kurentovanje winter festival luring visitors to St. Clair-Superior area with Slovenian food, drink and scary monsters | cleveland.com

Giant monsters stalk East Side, delight crowds, fail to end winter | cleveland.com

Old 02-17-2015, 07:19 AM

3,413 posts, read 5,122,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
Check out German Village in Columbus. Forty years ago, it was on the brink of collapse. Now it has some of the highest real estate prices in Ohio.

I wonder if Slavic Village is the next gentrification hot spot in Greater Cleveland.

the next must-live cleveland neighborhood is...

Its success may parallel the expansion of the neighborhood's Kurents population, which has been growing exponentially. LOL!

Cleveland Kurentovanje winter festival luring visitors to St. Clair-Superior area with Slovenian food, drink and scary monsters | cleveland.com

Giant monsters stalk East Side, delight crowds, fail to end winter | cleveland.com
Just to be clear, St. Clair-Superior is not Slavic Village, although that neighborhood has potential as well. Slavic Village is further south, near Broadway, Fleet, and Turney; closer to Garfield Heights.

Old 02-17-2015, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleverfield View Post
Just to be clear, St. Clair-Superior is not Slavic Village, although that neighborhood has potential as well. Slavic Village is further south, near Broadway, Fleet, and Turney; closer to Garfield Heights.
Cleverfield, I thought that might be the case, but I was to lazy to research the issue. It's not an area that I know very well. Thanks for elaborating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland