U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2015, 03:15 PM

1,046 posts, read 965,666 times

Advertisements

Wow....just wow. If anyone knows who the perps are, turn them in. This is just embarrassing. If the photo booth is down, **** and wait until it's working.

Parma Police: Patrons beat employees at Chuck E. Cheese

Last edited by maxmodder; 03-09-2015 at 03:45 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2015, 04:10 PM

6 posts, read 4,380 times
The whole incident seems lke something you should read in The Onion.

Old 03-09-2015, 09:56 PM

Recording of the 911 call.

Parma police release 911 calls from Chuck E. Cheese's attack (audio) | cleveland.com

This wasn't a fight, it was an attack. I hope they catch the sick people that did this and have child services look into these unstable parents.

Old 03-09-2015, 10:13 PM

64 posts, read 50,168 times
I took my kids to C.E.C. once and never again. Something about the place brings out the worst in people.

Old 03-09-2015, 10:17 PM

I went to the one in Mentor OH when I was a kid and it was completely different. Never a fight of any kind. Back then, establishments such as these used sound reasoning and didn't serve alcohol like they do today.

Old 03-10-2015, 07:08 AM

241 posts, read 322,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmodder View Post
I went to the one in Mentor OH when I was a kid and it was completely different. Never a fight of any kind. Back then, establishments such as these used sound reasoning and didn't serve alcohol like they do today.
IIRC, beer and wine has been served at most of the chain's locations for their entire existence (35+ years). As a kid, you probably didn't notice it or you happened to go to one of the locations that didn't serve beer (70% of the locations serve alcohol). Also, you probably had responsible parents who didn't use a trip to Chuck E Cheese as an opportunity to get ****faced, but instead watched over their kids who were taken there as a special treat. As noted in the the below link, some parents are also wired differently these days, with impulsive behavior much more prevalent. Any perceived disrespect is an immediate trigger for some to start swinging and alcohol magnifies this mindset.

Here's an article from a couple years ago on the nationwide issue of fights at Chuck 'E Cheese.

Old 03-10-2015, 07:45 AM

15,908 posts, read 8,267,775 times
I haven't taken my kid there in years. Always too crowded. Too many parents not paying attention to their kids...ect... At any rate, I hope they find the trash that caused this, and throw the book at them! Bunch of morons starting a fight over a photo booth not working! Really?

Old 03-10-2015, 10:58 AM

1,115 posts, read 820,111 times
I TRULY have no idea why they continue to serve alcohol. And they justify it by saying most of their patrons are well-behaved.
You put a bunch of extended family, especially including divorced parents and their new spouses/significant others, many of whom really don't want to be there but put a brave face on for the kid, in a high-stress situation and supply beer and wine.
Brilliant. And the top blows off and someone says something and there you have it.
What a terrible business model (or a brilliant one if you think about it).
I had ex's over for a high school graduation party. Served no booze but they obviously had some before they showed up. It ALMOST got way out of hand when I told "grandma" to please stop throwing f-bombs around in the middle of families. Then it immediately de-evolved into a personal attack on me and the way I was raising her grandkid. And then the ex, who was buzzed and half in the bag, tried to look like a badass and defend his mother. Thank god for Grandpa calming their egos, and thank god the guest of honor was not right there to see it.
THIS is often what happens to often when broken, re-established and/or extended families are put into these situations. They want to "be there," but any sense of decorum or ettiquette goes out the window when booze is involved in a stressful situation.
Hasn't a decade of bad press shown those folks that alcohol does this, and a kids party is not the place for it? It is NOT, say, Dave and Busters. It's for little kids, and any grownup that want to "tag along or supervise."

Last edited by kpl1228; 03-10-2015 at 11:08 AM..

Old 03-10-2015, 12:38 PM

9,214 posts, read 10,926,512 times
You can't always blame booze for people acting like morons. As someone said, they have always served beer. And it's not cheap, so only a nimrod is going to drop $50 in beer at CEC.

Old 03-10-2015, 12:49 PM

3,260 posts, read 2,476,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECBeastor View Post
IIRC, beer and wine has been served at most of the chain's locations for their entire existence (35+ years). As a kid, you probably didn't notice it or you happened to go to one of the locations that didn't serve beer (70% of the locations serve alcohol). Also, you probably had responsible parents who didn't use a trip to Chuck E Cheese as an opportunity to get ****faced, but instead watched over their kids who were taken there as a special treat. As noted in the the below link, some parents are also wired differently these days, with impulsive behavior much more prevalent. Any perceived disrespect is an immediate trigger for some to start swinging and alcohol magnifies this mindset.

Here's an article from a couple years ago on the nationwide issue of fights at Chuck 'E Cheese.
Maybe not so much wired differently but more generally immature. Impulsive, impatient and the ''disrespect'' line is so cliche.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland