Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2015, 10:28 AM

5,025 posts, read 5,669,482 times

Advertisements

Hello!

I'm going to be in Cleveland for about three weeks from June 22nd to July 10th. Looking forward to the trip, especially since that's the point at which summer seems like it's at it's most daunting (without football season, that is). I guess what I was wondering about was whether there were going to be any particularly noteworthy Cleveland Area Festivals going on during that time, or if there was a specific calendar of events that was good for that, or just if any of you knew personally about some good ones? I definitely plan to be at the Fairport Harbor Mardi Gras, the Parade, the Fair, the Fireworks, etc. Unfortunately I'm just missing the Summer Solstice at CMA which I've heard is a good one. I saw that the Waterloo Arts Fest is June 27th, unfortunately though I think I'll be attending a wedding that day (well not unfortunately, but I won't be able to make that). Any other ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2015, 07:31 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,431,928 times
Default Star-Spangled Spectacular, Blossom

Certainly consider the Star-Spangled Spectacular on July 1. Get there by 5 p.m. with folding chairs, you'll sit within 50 feet of the orchesta and experience a memorable event if the weather is good. Dress with layers as it can get chilly.

Star-Spangled Spectacular

If you can visit with more than once couple, you can take turns exploring the area, including Tower City. There will be other events from until the concert at 9 p.m. In years past, live entertainment actually started well before 7 p.m. by my memory. I think videotaped performances are a recent development.

Here was the 2014 program.

details for

Cleveland Orchestra reflects on eve of 25th 'Star-Spangled Spectacular' | cleveland.com

Perhaps attend one of the "America the Beautiful" (Cleveland Orchestra) or "Salute to America" (Blossom Festival Band) programs at the Blossom Festival, and check out the rest of the Blossom Festival schedule.

2015 Blossom Festival - Salute to America Fireworks

Other festivals.

Ohio Festival Schedule Page | OhioFestivals.net

Old 04-26-2015, 08:54 PM

5,025 posts, read 5,669,482 times
Those all sound interesting! Thanks for posting, I will definitely explore those opportunities to make the most of my time up there.

Old 04-27-2015, 08:38 AM

246 posts, read 476,180 times
Our Lady of Mount Caramel Church on the westside of Cleveland has an Italian festival July 8th - 12th. It's a much smaller than the eastside's Feast of the Assumption in August, but it's still a nice little festival in a neighborhood (Gordon Square) that has become one of the city's most up and coming areas.

Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church - Cleveland West | Annual Italian Festival - July 8th to July 12th, 2015 - Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church - Cleveland West

Old 05-02-2015, 07:59 PM

1,522 posts, read 3,000,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECBeastor View Post
Our Lady of Mount Caramel Church
The most delicious church in all of Cleveland.

Old 05-02-2015, 08:51 PM

207 posts, read 338,926 times
Wade Oval Wednesdays, every Wednesday in Wade Oval, they have festival with music and food etc.

Old 05-10-2015, 01:06 PM

207 posts, read 338,926 times
The Cleveland Orchestra's annual July 4th concert will be held downtown on Mall B on July 1.

Cleveland Orchestra moves 'Star-Spangled Spectacular' to Mall B during Public Square renovation | cleveland.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland