Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2023, 03:10 PM
on3

498 posts, read 383,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpl1228 View Post
Butthurt much? C'mon people.
It's not a personal attack, and not an attack on a city, at least not one without some truth and without a sense of humor. Flats looks like a Scooby Doo Ghost Town garnered a good chuckle from me. Less ghosty now but still ghosty on a Tuesday night. It ain't the '80's anymore down there.
I love City-Data, and I have received much valuable information and always enjoy the topics and posts. But the rose-colored homers (in every city forum on CD) take videos like these so personally. Everyone knows that this train isn't "carrying jobs out of Cleveland" but somehow then the finger pointing starts. But every city is like this. And every city equally gets butthurt if shortcomings (perceived or actual) are spotlighted.
See the sun at least three times a year? Funny! It is.
Our main export is crippling depression? Yep! (Are none of you Browns fans?)
Lighten up, Francis.
People like Mike Polk have literally make careers off of individuals that take his comments so seriously. They really shouldn't. It's not that serious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2023, 09:31 AM

1,886 posts, read 1,439,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by on3 View Post
People like Mike Polk have literally make careers off of individuals that take his comments so seriously. They really shouldn't. It's not that serious.
We aren't talking about the Mike Polk videos. We were comparing the Mike Polk videos to the "Unboxing Cleveland" video, and how we know that the Polk videos were for the sake of humor and not to be taken seriously. On the flip side, the "Unboxing Cleveland" video was suppose to be a serious critical analysis, but it was filled with a lot of anti-Cleveland bias that many people may take seriously. We pointed out how that video didn't offer a balanced perspective.

Old 02-06-2023, 10:14 AM

11,052 posts, read 12,432,741 times
Maybe it's just me but I do think Mike Polk is both unfunny and did a lot of harm to the city's image in the millennial internet audience.

Old 02-07-2023, 01:00 PM

1,886 posts, read 1,439,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
Maybe it's just me but I do think Mike Polk is both unfunny and did a lot of harm to the city's image in the millennial internet audience.
He is very unfunny, a lot of his jokes are flat. There is no originallity or creativity in his material. Do I blame him directly for harming the city's image? No. I blame a lot of the millennial internet audience who allow themselves to be influenced by those videos instead of doing their own research as well as the natives themselves. But, I get your sentiment by feeling that a lot of the nation judges Cleveland by those videos.

Old 04-02-2023, 05:58 PM

1,223 posts, read 1,040,748 times
Nice video from the Port Authority on the completed Intro project, the largest mass timber building in the country:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPZFasF3RvY

Old 04-06-2023, 08:56 AM

1,796 posts, read 2,227,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 216facts View Post
Nice video from the Port Authority on the completed Intro project, the largest mass timber building in the country:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPZFasF3RvY
Always wondered what the Port Authority had to do with the project.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland