Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2016, 07:01 PM

816 posts, read 1,394,851 times

Advertisements

I'm looking at the area all along W.65th south of Detroit all the way down to Lorain, including all of the side streets (Franklin, Bridge, Wakefield, Madison, ETC). To my understanding, it is a little rough around that area.... I know Detroit Shoreway/Gordon Square in general is on the upswing. I am looking to possibly purchase property around this area. What are your guys' thoughts?

Thanks

Last edited by Clevelander216; 01-25-2016 at 08:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2016, 12:02 PM

201 posts, read 237,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevelander216 View Post
I'm looking at the area all along W.65th south of Detroit all the way down to Lorain, including all of the side streets (Franklin, Bridge, Wakefield, Madison, ETC). To my understanding, it is a little rough around that area.... I know Detroit Shoreway/Gordon Square in general is on the upswing. I am looking to possibly purchase property around this area. What are your guys' thoughts?

Thanks

I recommend a conversation with staff at the Detroit Shoreway Community Development Organization (Detroit Shoreway - Detroit Shoreway Homepage). I expect they will tout the neighborhood as a whole, but might be willing to guide you regarding differentials within the neighborhood itself. I would also reach out to Progressive Urban Real Estate (Real Estate in Cleveland, Downtown Cleveland, Cleveland Heights, Tremont, Lakewood, Ohio City, Detroit Shoreway, Warehouse District, University Circle, and Shaker Square). They really know the West Side and can give you a pulse on the market in Detroit Shoreway, particularly that section.

My personal opinion is that the area between West 65th and West 58th streets, south of Bridge Avenue, has been and continues to be the target of several social and development capital infrastructure investments (W 65th Street Rapid Station, EcoVillage, Maggie's Farm, EcoVillage Gateway, Tiny Houses Initiative, St. Colman's Church, Zone Recreation Center). You want to invest in areas where others are putting their own equity to improve the community. These types of investments, broader in scope than individual property owners, add value to location because they generate public benefit that individuals can reap for no additional cost.

Old 02-01-2016, 07:48 AM

201 posts, read 237,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevelander216 View Post

Thanks
Summer opening eyed for Cleveland Coffee in Ecovillage

Old 02-01-2016, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_j_planning View Post
That's good to see!

Old 02-06-2016, 09:51 PM

4 posts, read 3,738 times
You have heard right on both counts - that area's a little rough, and it's on the upswing. The area is very walkable, with a Rapid station at 65th and Lorain, and Gordon Square is right there, maybe surpassing Ohio City as an entertainment district. The Ohio City effect is moving west and lifting the whole Detroit Shoreway area. There is a lot of new commercial development along Lorain. There is a great newly rehabbed house for sale right now on Wakefield, just west of 65th. It sold for $6K less than two years ago, and now it's a stunning home, and big! I hope it sparks more projects around it. You should still be able to get a good deal on a house if you have rehabbing in mind.

Old 02-07-2016, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allCLERE View Post
You have heard right on both counts - that area's a little rough, and it's on the upswing. The area is very walkable, with a Rapid station at 65th and Lorain, and Gordon Square is right there, maybe surpassing Ohio City as an entertainment district. The Ohio City effect is moving west and lifting the whole Detroit Shoreway area. There is a lot of new commercial development along Lorain. There is a great newly rehabbed house for sale right now on Wakefield, just west of 65th. It sold for $6K less than two years ago, and now it's a stunning home, and big! I hope it sparks more projects around it. You should still be able to get a good deal on a house if you have rehabbing in mind.
Thank you for the input. I have noticed on Realtor.com/Zillow/etc. that there are a few very cheap houses in the area. I'm thinking about possibly trying to snatch one up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland