Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2016, 08:32 PM

82 posts, read 78,514 times

Advertisements

Please help.

My brother lived in Beachwood, I just moved to the Cleveland area for work and live in Mayfield Heights.

Without fully researching my Mom, which is in her 60s but acted alot younger, moved to Chagrin Falls recently to live close to her two sons and her granddaughter, my niece.

She bought in a Chagrin Falls neighborhood that she should not of bought in as everyone seems to be in their 100s.

My Mom is extremely sociable, likes to have a glass of wine and enjoy herself, we are Jewish so the area is perfect for that part, she is from Miami but acts like a New Yorker. Usually she can be anywhere and find friends quickly, but, she is in a rut as she has not been able to find any friends and people she has met acts too old or their no fun she states . I am conerned as she doesnt do anything anymore, since moving here, and her lively self is not so much any more.

What is there to do around here to meet others around her age and fits her personality and energy? Any clubs (not night clubs or dance clubs obviously), get togethers, social events, or anything else that comes to mind?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2016, 02:04 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,333,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjnoles1 View Post
Please help.

My brother lived in Beachwood, I just moved to the Cleveland area for work and live in Mayfield Heights.

Without fully researching my Mom, which is in her 60s but acted alot younger, moved to Chagrin Falls recently to live close to her two sons and her granddaughter, my niece.

She bought in a Chagrin Falls neighborhood that she should not of bought in as everyone seems to be in their 100s.

My Mom is extremely sociable, likes to have a glass of wine and enjoy herself, we are Jewish so the area is perfect for that part, she is from Miami but acts like a New Yorker. Usually she can be anywhere and find friends quickly, but, she is in a rut as she has not been able to find any friends and people she has met acts too old or their no fun she states . I am conerned as she doesnt do anything anymore, since moving here, and her lively self is not so much any more.

What is there to do around here to meet others around her age and fits her personality and energy? Any clubs (not night clubs or dance clubs obviously), get togethers, social events, or anything else that comes to mind?
Get a Cleveland Museum of Art membership. It offers many events, lectures, classes, etc. Ditto for the Cleveland Botanical Garden/Holden Arboretum, if that is an interest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland