Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 03:10 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,892,198 times

Advertisements

I made a thread about the worst areas and now I need to see what peoples opinions are on the richest areas in the Cleveland/Akron area. The richest areas seem to be the cities and towns that are east of Cleveland and the inner ring suburbs, also some of the far westside areas.

I was thinking that Pepper Pike was one of the richest. Hunting Valley and Gates Mills, and Moreland Hills also seem like pretty nice upscale places. The westside doesnt seem like it has areas as nice as those but Westlake, Strongsville, bay Village all seemed like nice places.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2008, 03:14 PM

5,500 posts, read 9,448,889 times
I've always heard that Hudson is a rich area.

Old 02-24-2008, 03:36 PM

Also most of the places right on the lake are pretty rich. It was weird the contrast between the Glenville neighborhood in Cleveland and the rich town of Bratenahl were just separated by a highway. It went from stores with bars on the windows and boarded up houses with graffiti on them to the lake and really suburban huge houses in a two minutes drive, very weird.

Dont know much about Hudson. I like driving through pepper Pike and those areas because you get to see all the million dollar houses. I have only been there once or twice but plan on going back pretty soon.

Old 02-24-2008, 04:59 PM

4,068 posts, read 7,277,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cle440 View Post
I was thinking that Pepper Pike was one of the richest. Hunting Valley and Gates Mills, and Moreland Hills also seem like pretty nice upscale places.
I agree with those picks. Also Waite Hill in Lake County.

Old 02-24-2008, 05:42 PM

3,343 posts, read 10,900,840 times
Chagrin Falls is pretty rich.

Old 02-24-2008, 07:46 PM

3,844 posts, read 9,252,334 times
Bratenahl...Take a drive there sometime.

Usually when a house is for sale, it is for multi-millions.

Old 02-24-2008, 08:38 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,485,293 times
No city on the westside can compete with the money in Pepper Pike, Chargrin Falls, Bratenahl, Gates Mills, & Hudson.

Strongsville? Not anymore. It is a very broad mix.
Westlake's recent heroin bust at the high school is a perfect summary of Westlake. Never cared for it. A city trying too hard to appear one way while struggling just like any other.

Hudson, Gates Mills, areas of Richfield, Chagrin Falls...it is where people with money have moved to in the past years. It is also where the people who got rich moved to from areas such as Bay & Westlake.

Old 02-24-2008, 08:57 PM

It was kind of surprising to me that the westside suburbs dont have any areas even close to as wealthy as those areas on the Eastside. It was especially kind of surprising seeing the contrast from the very high poverty rate of the Eastside of Cleveland/ East Cleveland to the wealthy areas farther out on the Eastside. When the Westside of Cleveland doesnt have nearly as much poverty as the eastside but the suburbs on the westside arent that wealthy.

That heroin bust in Westlake was no surprise to me at all really. Everyone seemed to surprised about how drugs could get into Westlake and how its going downhill now because of that, drugs have been in the suburbs for years. I live in North Ridgeville and there are drugs here but they dont really cause any problems, and we never have murders. I dont see drugs being a big problem in a community unless they have the crime and problems that comes with it. Like the city of Cleveland has robbery after robbery, and murder after murder over drugs where as in Westlake they never have robberies or murders. In fact westlake hasnt had a murder in over 10 years, and the crime rate is way below average.

Old 02-24-2008, 10:09 PM

4,631 posts, read 4,925,244 times
Ohio locations by per capita income - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-25-2008, 10:17 AM

80 posts, read 344,007 times
On the Eastside:

Premier $$$$ suburb: Hunting Valley

Old Money: Shaker Heights, Cleveland Heights, Gates Mills

Luxe Housing available: Pepper Pike, Highland Heights, Russell, Bainbridge, Chagrin Falls, Bentleyville, Moreland Hills

Mixed Bag: Euclid (on the lake)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland