Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2016, 07:06 AM

11,052 posts, read 12,430,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Peasant View Post
Saying "Nobody" might be a bit of a stretch. As a transit fan, I like transit above all other modes of transportation but I'm probably in the minority.
Personally I too do not mind taking trains and whatnot, especially the rapid I find pretty comfortable. When I lived in Cleveland last in 2012, I only had a bike and would frequently take it on the rapid- I found that the most enjoyable way to get around (but my job was very irregular, and not one that I needed to be dressed up and whatnot for). But overall, I still stand by my point that people with cars have a very different outlook that makes it easy to like transit more, because it isn't your only option. Not sure I remember whereabouts you live and commute to in Boston, but I guess some locations are easier to do than others. Personally I walk Brighton to Harvard Square every day- only about 15 minutes behind the bus and don't have to be crammed into a small space.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2016, 07:12 PM

1,223 posts, read 1,040,431 times
Took the rapid downtown for an Indians game and got stuck downtown after the game - because I forgot the trains don't run after midnight. We took Lyft instead and it was good. The dude didn't know the east side though, and took us back to Shaker via Woodland, at 1:00AM on a hot summer night. Kind of scary and I normally feel very safe in most parts of Cleveland - but not on lower Woodland at 1:00AM.

Anyway, my 2 cents is that public transportation, particularly trains, will have to justify their public funding. There are a lot of less expensive and more efficient ways to move people than trains. The BRT, and Trolley systems downtown are one example. A publicly funded uber system may be another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland