Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 02:45 PM

4,823 posts, read 4,938,574 times

Advertisements

[quote=usernameunavailable;48280285]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post

I know Tony Madalone personally. I've played basketball with him on multiple occasions and hung out with him several other times. He is definitely the outside the box candidate who will no doubt win the millennials vote if he is serious about becoming the mayor of Cleveland rather than promoting his business. He is a stereotypical millennial small business owner who could be a nightmare for the typical legacy Cleveland politicians. I don't know enough about his policies, but I can say for certain one thing: the guy loves Cleveland more than anyone I know.
Thank you for your personal comments related to Madalone. Getting rid of the typical legacy Cleveland politicians is the real key to moving Cleveland forward and the St Clair-Superior neighborhood will one of many on the discussion boards attracting taxpayers.

Definitely watching Madalone now. McCormack is a somewhat non-traditional politician (although he is the son of Timothy McCormack).

There's hope for Cleveland's future with these millennials setting the pace and taking over the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2017, 03:57 PM

538 posts, read 658,236 times
[quote=Kamms;48282140]
Quote:
Originally Posted by usernameunavailable View Post

Thank you for your personal comments related to Madalone. Getting rid of the typical legacy Cleveland politicians is the real key to moving Cleveland forward and the St Clair-Superior neighborhood will one of many on the discussion boards attracting taxpayers.

Definitely watching Madalone now. McCormack is a somewhat non-traditional politician (although he is the son of Timothy McCormack).

There's hope for Cleveland's future with these millennials setting the pace and taking over the city.
My concern with him will be that he seems too much like the millennial yuppie (which he is) and that won't go over well with those in the neighborhoods. A valid concern for sure, but so far IMO he is clearly the best candidate from my perspective (a yuppie who lives downtown and works in St. Clair-Superior and is connected to business owners there).

And it definitely makes sense that the most non-traditional CLE politician (and the best one, IMO) represents the yuppie areas.

Old 05-26-2017, 12:07 PM

[quote=usernameunavailable;48283037]
Quote:

My concern with him will be that he seems too much like the millennial yuppie (which he is) and that won't go over well with those in the neighborhoods. A valid concern for sure, but so far IMO he is clearly the best candidate from my perspective (a yuppie who lives downtown and works in St. Clair-Superior and is connected to business owners there).

And it definitely makes sense that the most non-traditional CLE politician (and the best one, IMO) represents the yuppie areas.
Madalone is a white male, millennial yuppie and will not appeal to those in most neighborhoods because the people in those neighborhoods do not want the type of change Cleveland needs to move into the future. As the city's population changes ie. attracting college educated and other professionals, the political structure will change, eventually.

The City of Cleveland and Cuyahoga County must rid itself of the embedded, self-interested politicians that have driven both, and now the region, into the ground. Included as well is the school board and RTA ''leadership''.

Old 05-26-2017, 05:27 PM

3,412 posts, read 5,121,352 times
[quote=Kamms;48291873]
Quote:

Madalone is a white male, millennial yuppie and will not appeal to those in most neighborhoods because the people in those neighborhoods do not want the type of change Cleveland needs to move into the future. As the city's population changes ie. attracting college educated and other professionals, the political structure will change, eventually.

The City of Cleveland and Cuyahoga County must rid itself of the embedded, self-interested politicians that have driven both, and now the region, into the ground. Included as well is the school board and RTA ''leadership''.
That's why I like Jackson, because he straddles the line between the yuppies and the impoverished neighborhoods, and caters to both.

Old 05-28-2017, 10:50 AM

[quote=Cleverfield;48295324]
Quote:

That's why I like Jackson, because he straddles the line between the yuppies and the impoverished neighborhoods, and caters to both.
While Jackson is not awful, he could do better in ''catering'' to the impoverished 'hoods. Cleveland has achieved little results in reducing poverty, increasing employment, and reversing population decline.

Post-Jackson, are Cleveland's options Johnson, Reed, or Dow? That spells disaster. Attracting taxpayers will bring the required change to ensure Cleveland's future.

Old 05-28-2017, 03:22 PM

538 posts, read 658,236 times
[quote=Kamms;48309920]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleverfield View Post

While Jackson is not awful, he could do better in ''catering'' to the impoverished 'hoods. Cleveland has achieved little results in reducing poverty, increasing employment, and reversing population decline.

Post-Jackson, are Cleveland's options Johnson, Reed, or Dow? That spells disaster. Attracting taxpayers will bring the required change to ensure Cleveland's future.
I would much rather have Jackson than any of the 3 you mentioned, especially Dow. However, Madalone would be my choice for sure if I was making the ultimate decision.

Old 05-31-2017, 11:47 AM

120 posts, read 107,073 times
[quote=Kamms;48309920]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleverfield View Post

You post more false crap on here than anyone can count. At least get the names right.

If Madalone can collect the signatures to get on the ballot - he'll need 3,000 from registered Cleveland voters - he brings to the campaign a background of marketing savvy and connections to people prominent in popular culture. Thus far just two candidates - Councilman Jeff Johnson and restaurateur Brandon Chrostowski -- have submitted the necessary signatures to the Cuyahoga County Board of Elections and had them validated.

Fresh Brewed Tees' Tony Madalone brings ideas, marketing presence to Cleveland mayoral race | cleveland.com

Old 05-31-2017, 03:01 PM

[quote=C-rob2727;48343079]
Quote:

You post more false crap on here than anyone can count. At least get the names right.

If Madalone can collect the signatures to get on the ballot - he'll need 3,000 from registered Cleveland voters - he brings to the campaign a background of marketing savvy and connections to people prominent in popular culture. Thus far just two candidates - Councilman Jeff Johnson and restaurateur Brandon Chrostowski -- have submitted the necessary signatures to the Cuyahoga County Board of Elections and had them validated.

Fresh Brewed Tees' Tony Madalone brings ideas, marketing presence to Cleveland mayoral race | cleveland.com
Not sure what false crap you are referring to but Johnson, Reed, or Dow, for example, cannot be Cleveland's future. Declared candidates or not. Who comes post-Jackson, is the issue. Did you read the post? ''Post-Jackson''.

Old 05-31-2017, 08:02 PM

816 posts, read 1,394,851 times
Wowzaz this has strayed off topic.... but this mayoral race and the direction of Cleveland's future sure is looking interesting. should be a fun one guys

Old 06-01-2017, 01:10 PM

Quote:
What is the perception of the neighborhood on here? I've always thought of it as Cleveland's up and coming neighborhood. The area around 55th and St. Clair is starting to become a hotspot, a lot of AMAZING ethnic restaurants of various cuisines, and a tremendous CDC that does a lot of very good work.
Getting on topic, I would guess the area to the east of E 55th Street is improving at a faster pace, then maybe to the north and east along St Clair, closer to the lake may be somewhat better (the old Sowinski neighborhood-Slovenian stronghold).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland