Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 09:16 PM

7 posts, read 5,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 216facts View Post
You might want to consider Euclid Heights Blvd near Coventry. Lots of apartments and may be more affordable. Nice walkable neighborhood and public transit (Bus) is very close by. Still very close to CASE too.

For fun stuff to do, and at little or no cost: Cleveland Museum of Art (free, at U. Circle), Lakeview Cemetery (free, near U. Circle), Museum of Contemporary Art (~$10, near U. Circle), Western Reserve Historical Museum (~$10, at U. Circle), Museum of Natural History ($15, at the U. Circle).

You can also hop on the Red line (Little Italy station or Univ Circle station) and take it downtown to just bum around. Or take it to W. 25 and go to the West Side Market and Ohio City.

Have fun and good luck with your home search and studies at CASE.
More affordable is good haha. I'll have a walk-through of Euclid Heights on my next visit then. And I'm very excited about the museums (BASICALLY RIGHT ON CAMPUS!! &#128513 As well as seeing the west side. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2017, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherdad View Post
I don't know the area as well as many of you, but my wife and I walked out of the bakery in LItaly a few weeks ago and it must have been before a class, because it seemed kids were all coming out at the same time- from all directions. Within a min or two, there were about 20 kids walking under the RTA bridge toward the school. My guess is that if you move to Little Italy, you'll have a similar experience and meet other students easily.

With that Red Line right there, I guess you could live elsewhere and take the train to and from, but walking is best. There was a "rent" sign across the street from the bakery on the main drag.
Do you happen to remember what that bakery was called? Would love to live across the street from a little bakery haha. I'd gain so much weight though.

Old 03-02-2017, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpl1228 View Post
I would stay within 1/2 mile of CWRU. No need to go east or downtown. Especially for a first time Clevelander, and needing close proximity to the high pressure world of the grad school. All is walkable or bus-able, or take the train from Little Italy a few blocks away.I'd go no farther away than Little Italy to live, or maybe a cheap rental somewhere on campus or in the immediate area, and would probably even stay as close to Euclid and Mayfield as humanly possible. Get a quality bike also, but nothing too flashy, and a GOOD lock. The campus and the surrounding streets are wonderful bike riding just for the ride itself.
Try Falafel Inn for good lunch on the go, at the corner of Ford and Mayfield. Right in the middle of all we're talking about.
HINT: The main campus library is terrific and comfortable, and lots of good hiding places to study. I did grad school at CSU but would still use CWRU's facilities when possible. Good technology and copiers there also. And they're open super late.
I didn't use to think so, but that area is now probably the best location in the metro area for everything, esp. with the numerous improvements of the past decade. It's just so cool.
My problem is that if I lived there, I'd never study, and I'd gain weight (c'mon...Little Italy's right there). Stay focused!
Best of luck.
Thank you for your detailed take and very practical advice! You're right, being very close to campus would be the most advantageous for my studies. Being from a tiny town in Kentucky, seeing everything Cleveland offers has me a little distracted. My next goal is to finish my graduate program and apply to Case School of Medicine, so I appreciate you trying to keep me on track. Hopefully, I'll have some free time to explore too. Very excited about all of it.

Thanks again!

Old 03-03-2017, 01:15 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,438,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnakamura1 View Post
Do you happen to remember what that bakery was called? Would love to live across the street from a little bakery haha. I'd gain so much weight though.
Presti's and Corbo's both are on Mayfield in Little Italy.

Restaurants, Cafes, Bakeries & Bars | Cleveland Little Italy

Presti's also is among the most highly rated cafe's in Cleveland.

Old 03-03-2017, 06:13 AM

1,009 posts, read 1,147,767 times
Yes..it was Presti's. Thanks WRnative. We went on Sunday- holy moly it was packed!!! Monday.. about 4 people.

I am sugar free so I had a coffee. If I wasn't...I'd probably go from there to the cardio center at CLE Clinic every month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland