Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2017, 05:57 AM

1 posts, read 896 times

Advertisements

I currently live in Bedford. My husband and I are retirement age and strongly considering a move to Cleveland Heights, which we've always loved. I've lived in Bedford most of my life, but have briefly lived in Cleveland Heights in the 1990s, in one of the apartments behind Coventry. Our current situation is that we are recovering from a Great Recession financial disaster, in which we lost pretty much everything. We will have a small downpayment available to purchase a home under 100K. So we are looking at transitional areas in Cleveland Heights. We both have college degrees (I have a Master's) and feel more comfortable in Cleveland Heights due to the cultural opportunities compared to Bedford, although financially, Bedford is way cheaper in regard to housing stock. We will be living on a limited income, but feel that the high property taxes in Cleveland Heights provide city amenities for seniors that Bedford doesn't have. How do folks feel about a move to Cleveland Heights under those circumstances? Will we be isolated if we stay in Bedford as we age? Which streets in Cleveland Heights seem good for both diversity and safety for seniors but are still under 100k? I've seen a lot of seemingly nice places around Monticello above Mayfield, also around Severance Center that seem fine--mixed neighborhoods but nice and neat. Any recommendations or advice would be very helpful. We love our mixed neighborhood in Bedford--if only Bedford had more cultural opportunities for seniors!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2017, 06:08 AM

474 posts, read 836,700 times
We are retired and just signed a contract for a house in CH. With your criteria, I would look in this area.
Attached Thumbnails
Senior Cuyahoga County (Bedford) relocator--Cleveland Heights streets?-cheaphouses.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
View detailed profiles of: