Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 08:19 AM

3,381 posts, read 4,193,642 times

Advertisements

South Euclid, just moved here from Washington State last year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2017, 06:53 PM

816 posts, read 1,395,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
South Euclid, just moved here from Washington State last year.
How are you liking it there? I am a west sider and the east side in general is pretty foreign to me. I know a bit about the east side in general, but not much experience over there.

Old 07-31-2017, 10:19 AM

3,381 posts, read 4,193,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevelander216 View Post
How are you liking it there? I am a west sider and the east side in general is pretty foreign to me. I know a bit about the east side in general, but not much experience over there.
I love it over here for the most part. I actually lived in Parma Heights for a couple of months when I first moved to the Cleveland area as I needed to stay in an apartment that allowed cats which did not need to be declawed so I ended up in an apartment there. Finally found a house a couple of months later and bought it on Sheridan Road in South Euclid and I'm very happy here. The dining room window looks out over a park-like landscape and it's really a beautiful house. The cost of living is just outstanding vs. the city I was living in previously. I had been located in Richland, WA, where 150k got you pretty much nothing, and it was smack dab in the middle of the dessert; tumbleweed and 110 degrees with nothing to do (in my opinion). I love it here.

Of course a lot of work needs to be done in East Cleveland, but I feel relatively safe and content. I look forward to finally settling down. There is so much potential here in the Cleveland area and I love the people. Where I moved from everyone was pretty much hyper-religious, very strict, no variation, just hiding out and pretty stultified. I hated it. It was a government area and it felt very constricted. It was like living in a giant straight-jacket. Safe but stunted.

Anyway, I'm very happy here all things considered.

Old 08-01-2017, 12:55 PM

16,544 posts, read 19,685,380 times
44111 (Westpark / Kamms Corner / Cleveland Proper)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland