Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2017, 03:01 AM

1,009 posts, read 1,147,767 times

Advertisements

We arrived to LAX on time and noticed a delay. No biggie, they happen. Flight was to leave at 1AM. At about 11:00, they changed it to "canceled" and told us it was due to weather in Vegas. No on believed a word of that.

We had to get in the car and drive back home...arrived 2AM. Tired!

I have two tix to baseball Sunday night I have to sell.

Life could be worse, but disappointed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2017, 05:16 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,438,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherdad View Post
We arrived to LAX on time and noticed a delay. No biggie, they happen. Flight was to leave at 1AM. At about 11:00, they changed it to "canceled" and told us it was due to weather in Vegas. No on believed a word of that.

Too bad. You had a great weekend planned and great weather.

Old 09-09-2017, 12:42 PM

11,054 posts, read 12,452,032 times
I always fly spirit to Cleveland. Just booked a flight for Columbus day weekend for free with their credit card mileage deal. Also with several friends in the airline industry, frequently decisions about flights like this are not even really up to the airline, so don't be too hard on them.

Really unfortunate this happened though. I always have a great time going home.

Old 09-09-2017, 12:46 PM

4,823 posts, read 4,943,728 times
Quote:

Spirit has a reputation for not having planes available ie. what just happened to you. ''Weather in Vegas''...what a joke. Sorry this happened to you guys, and to miss tomorrow night's game to boot.

Spirit is not the most reliable airline.

Old 09-09-2017, 12:55 PM

I'm in full Tribe gear today and will be in Browns gear tomorrow at a local place that shows all the games. Steelers have a HUGE following so I'll be most likely the only Browns guy, but you gotta support. Making it positive.

I too use the points with Spirit and this was going to be my 7th trip on that flight. First time canceled.

Old 09-09-2017, 01:28 PM

1,606 posts, read 3,342,916 times
Same thing happened to my son. My wife, two adult sons and I were flying to Vegas for a 9-day trip to 5 national parks in July. We flew Frontier from CBUS. Our older son lives in Mpls and he got a great fare from MSP to Vegas on Spirit. Three hours before he was to depart, he was told the flight would be delayed an hour or so. Then soon after that, his flight was CANCELLED! Fortunately, we were able to book a flight that night for him on Delta to meet us in Vegas. The fare wasn't as good, but at least we all got together. And, we're not likely to try Spirit again!

Old 09-09-2017, 04:33 PM

11,054 posts, read 12,452,032 times
I don't known guys. I've flown spirit to cle at least 10 times. Never any problems. In fact, in all airlines, I've never had a flight canceled but once, in Russia. I fly 4 times a year. I personally will take the massive savings with spirit.

Old 09-09-2017, 04:51 PM

I'm not giving up on them...I have massive points and they said I would get them all back from the flight. I saw a Delta flight cancel as I left so it was not just Spirit, but ONE flight per day on that route... ugh.

Old 09-09-2017, 09:58 PM

1,887 posts, read 1,443,641 times
Quote:

Sorry to hear that. I hope you can get compensated.

Old 09-11-2017, 10:11 AM

All points were replaced. The agent on the phone who said he did put points back, in fact, did not. So it needed two emails. But all is good now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
View detailed profiles of: