Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2008, 02:21 PM

3 posts, read 11,164 times

Advertisements

Hello! I will be visiting Cleveland in a couple of weeks and I want to book a room in a cheaper hotel. Could you give me some advice? Any info will be helpful.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2008, 03:07 PM

3,844 posts, read 9,279,817 times
what price range are you looking at roughly??

Old 03-25-2008, 02:09 AM

Well, approximately $30-40 would be quite good.

Old 03-25-2008, 05:28 PM

3,844 posts, read 9,279,817 times
Lakewood seems to have some good deals. I would be leary if you find very cheap rates under $50--may not be a good neighborhood.

from a quick search:
Hotels Cheap: Travelodge Cleveland Lakewood (http://reservations.hotelscheap.org/hotel/overview.aspx?hotelid=143309 - broken link)
Hotels Cheap: Days Inn Cleveland Lakewood (http://reservations.hotelscheap.org/hotel/overview.aspx?hotelid=124943 - broken link)

Old 03-26-2008, 05:04 AM

Ok, thank you!

Old 03-27-2008, 10:00 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,968,796 times
These are the first two places I would look, too. The Days Inn used to be a real dump but it's been cleaned up and you never hear about crime or drugs there anymore. The surrounding neighborhood has always been fantastic and very close to downtown. I live in the neighborhood and can give you recommendations, directions, etc.

Old 03-28-2008, 12:21 AM

4,069 posts, read 7,312,310 times
FWIW, I've stayed at the Travelodge Lakewood during visits home to Cleveland and while it's certainly nothing fancy, I found the accommodations to be decent and adequate. Last time I stayed there was about a year ago and IIRC cost was about $60 after tax.

Old 03-28-2008, 02:57 AM

59 posts, read 220,669 times
Where are you coming from? If you are looking for a dirt cheap motel, there are some right off the turnpike and a couple miles from the airport in Strongsville on US 42. One is called the La Siesta. In that area, there is a stretch of about 10 of these little dingy motels. They are pretty low class but will be under 50 a night. Last time I stayed at one it was like 29 a night (that was in the early 2000s)

It's not a bad deal because Strongsville is a safe place. If you are looking for a "ghetto" motel without being in the "ghetto" that is the spot. I'm pretty sure that it is probably the only spot in the Cleveland area where you will get a room for under 50 without having to worry about being shot. Plus there is a BW3 across the street. That's actually how I discoreved them. I got to drunk one night and instead of risking a ticket, put up the 29 and stayed the night at some little motel ... it wasn't the La Siesta though ... If I can remember it was a little more expensive than the little Indian-owned one I stayed at which was right down the street.

Old 03-28-2008, 06:34 PM

79 posts, read 260,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCLE View Post
Where are you coming from? If you are looking for a dirt cheap motel, there are some right off the turnpike and a couple miles from the airport in Strongsville on US 42. One is called the La Siesta. In that area, there is a stretch of about 10 of these little dingy motels. They are pretty low class but will be under 50 a night. Last time I stayed at one it was like 29 a night (that was in the early 2000s)

It's not a bad deal because Strongsville is a safe place. If you are looking for a "ghetto" motel without being in the "ghetto" that is the spot. I'm pretty sure that it is probably the only spot in the Cleveland area where you will get a room for under 50 without having to worry about being shot. Plus there is a BW3 across the street. That's actually how I discoreved them. I got to drunk one night and instead of risking a ticket, put up the 29 and stayed the night at some little motel ... it wasn't the La Siesta though ... If I can remember it was a little more expensive than the little Indian-owned one I stayed at which was right down the street.
I agree with this. My family stayed in one of those motels some time back (I think it actually was the Indian guy). It was like $150 a week for a double. I worked at the Days Inn right next door and there price was about the same. Not bad at all. Generally quiet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland