Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 12:53 PM

4,531 posts, read 5,101,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
Please elaborate on the specifics of this drive. E.g., coming from the north, do you take Route 91 to get to Old Mill Road? Route 174? Thanks.
I'm coming out from Shaker Heights on Shaker Blvd to Lander Circle, then NE on Gates Mills Blvd to its end where you cross Old Mill Rd. ... I'm not sure where from the north you're coming, but if you get to Mayfield Rd near, say, SOM Center, head east on Mayfield about one light to Hill Road then right turn (heading south-east) onto Old Mill, which doglegs left (directly east), then take it from there (per my directions, above)....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2018, 09:50 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,435,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProf View Post
I'm coming out from Shaker Heights on Shaker Blvd to Lander Circle, then NE on Gates Mills Blvd to its end where you cross Old Mill Rd. ... I'm not sure where from the north you're coming, but if you get to Mayfield Rd near, say, SOM Center, head east on Mayfield about one light to Hill Road then right turn (heading south-east) onto Old Mill, which doglegs left (directly east), then take it from there (per my directions, above)....
Thanks!!!

Old 12-23-2020, 03:24 PM

3 posts, read 3,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpl1228 View Post
Peninsula Peninsula Peninsula Peninsula. My #1 dream retirement town for anywhere in the US. NE Ohio quality medical care close by plus all of the amenities and beauty of a national park, and Blossom, and a cool train, and easy access to two urban areas. I can't be the only one that thinks this. So how that town has just not absolutely exploded with more growth in some way shape or form in any part of the area is amazing to me, even with strict NPS restrictions and zoning. Little has changed in twenty years.
It's the best of ALL worlds.
I miss evenings biking the Towpath Trail. Followed by a stop in town at Fisher's or even the Lizard.
Any suggestions on where to search for rentals is these small towns for someone who is in the east coast? I would like to line some properties and drive down to visit.

Old 12-24-2020, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrls View Post
Any suggestions on where to search for rentals is these small towns for someone who is in the east coast? I would like to line some properties and drive down to visit.
Zillow.com, realtor.com, apartments.com, Craig's List, etc.

Old 12-24-2020, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProf View Post
To me, while a number of Cleveland suburbs have a traditional Main Street small town vibe -- Chardon, Hudson (very good), Gates Mills, Willoughby, Berea, and Burton -- to name a few off the top of my head, the clear cut winner is Chagrin Falls. While CF shares the similar Main Street aspects of the others, they don't have The Falls, which makes central CF totally unique; I don't know of any small town quite like this anywhere. Practically all the buildings in the central area are pre-1900 and the location of the town at the top of a hill with a steep hill to the north makes CF even more intriguing. Add to that the 1875-built popcorn & ice cream shop built directly over the falls and, well... You can walk down the steps to directly under the falls at the river. Chagrin Falls is a hit with historians and nature lovers, to boot. It is often on my tour circuit when showing off Cleveland newcomers the area.

On top of all that, CF is really not that far away, time wise, although it feels like it should be 100 miles from Cleveland (even further if you consider CF's strong New England atmosphere). And yet the relatively short drive to get there -- take the long way out Gates Mills, Old Mill Rd, Chagrin River Road and then Chagrin Road directly to CF -- is one of the most beautiful, peaceful and idyllic drives in the United States, period...
CF also has the excellent, nearby South Chagrin Reservation of the Cleveland Metroparks!

South Chagrin Reservation

https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/o...dle-trail-loop

https://www.alltrails.com/parks/us/o...in-reservation

https://www.clevelandmetroparks.com/...h-Chagrin.ashx
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
View detailed profiles of: