U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 03:23 PM

6,995 posts, read 4,063,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
.Bus service is good on main street, Detroit Ave. in downtown Lakewwood, not so much anywhere else.
The Cleveland State bus rapid serves much of Clifton Blvd. So the OP might want to check its schedule (especially for the 55 CSU BRT with the most frequent service). The CSU BRT has never had service on Sunday.

http://www.riderta.com/routes/clevelandstateline

When considering mass transit access for a prospective residence in Cuyahoga County, it's imperative IMO to spend much time using the Google transit function at the RTA home page, considering various destinations. Google transit also provides walking distances and time lengths of the walks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2018, 03:48 PM

20,873 posts, read 22,456,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
The Cleveland State bus rapid serves much of Clifton Blvd. So the OP might want to check its schedule (especially for the 55 CSU BRT with the most frequent service). The CSU BRT has never had service on Sunday.

55-A-B-C: Cleveland State Line | Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority

When considering mass transit access for a prospective residence in Cuyahoga County, it's imperative IMO to spend much time using the Google transit function at the RTA home page, considering various destinations. Google transit also provides walking distances and time lengths of the walks.
Good idea. I was thinking more along the lines of where the stores were where the poster could just walk besides taking buses. The 55 also heads West to shopping malls in the burbs beyond Lakewood. Like Westgate and Crocker Park. The Detroit #26 and Madison #25 abuses running through the middle of Lakewood go there too although the Detroit bus requires a transfer to the #49.

Old 07-25-2018, 04:23 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,514,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Good idea. I was thinking more along the lines of where the stores were where the poster could just walk besides taking buses. The 55 also heads West to shopping malls in the burbs beyond Lakewood. Like Westgate and Crocker Park. The Detroit #26 and Madison #25 abuses running through the middle of Lakewood go there too although the Detroit bus requires a transfer to the #49.
The 55 has very, very few runs to Crocker Park. Basically just a couple of trips there during evening rush hour via the 55C. (Reverse direction in the mornings -- a few runs from Crocker Park but not to it.)

The 55 in general runs very infrequently outside of rush hours, sadly. When it does run, it is a very comfortable -- and fast -- ride.

Old 07-25-2018, 04:59 PM

51 posts, read 62,036 times
Well, I am the OP and I’ve been in Lakewood since Saturday and going back to CT tomorrow. I’ve obtained a rental in a nicely kept two family home on a side street off Madison, sort of near Angelo’s Pizza and I’ll move here in a month. I’ve been doing a lot of walking, driving a rental car, and took the bus once. I have felt safe. As far as any weirdos, I only encountered one man who seemed to have “issues” in the Dollar Store; some folks seems like they are worn out. But that’s just a sprinkling of people. This is mostly on the lower end of Detroit. My Airbnb is on Beach Street, very cute street and most of the side streets around here seem nice, so I'm not sure where some of these folks come from. Lakewood Park is a gem and I swam in Edgewater Beach too, good water quality that day. This seems to be a vibrant place and I’ve already discovered ways and groups to make connections. Over the line in Cleveland on Clifton Blvd is nice too, kind of reminds me of Coolidge Corner in Brookline MA if anyone is familiar with that area. Plus and minuses to every place I suppose.

Old 07-25-2018, 05:20 PM

616 posts, read 301,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew61 View Post
The 55 has very, very few runs to Crocker Park. Basically just a couple of trips there during evening rush hour via the 55C. (Reverse direction in the mornings -- a few runs from Crocker Park but not to it.)

The 55 in general runs very infrequently outside of rush hours, sadly. When it does run, it is a very comfortable -- and fast -- ride.
The 55 is my FAVORITE bus - usually clean, quiet, uncrowded! I so wish it had regular runs to Crocker Park and that it also ran on Sundays. I think it's once an hour on Saturdays and 2x hour weekdays.

Old 07-25-2018, 07:11 PM

20,873 posts, read 22,456,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Readerwoman View Post
Well, I am the OP and Iíve been in Lakewood since Saturday and going back to CT tomorrow. Iíve obtained a rental in a nicely kept two family home on a side street off Madison, sort of near Angeloís Pizza and Iíll move here in a month. Iíve been doing a lot of walking, driving a rental car, and took the bus once. I have felt safe. As far as any weirdos, I only encountered one man who seemed to have ďissuesĒ in the Dollar Store; some folks seems like they are worn out. But thatís just a sprinkling of people. This is mostly on the lower end of Detroit. My Airbnb is on Beach Street, very cute street and most of the side streets around here seem nice, so I'm not sure where some of these folks come from. Lakewood Park is a gem and I swam in Edgewater Beach too, good water quality that day. This seems to be a vibrant place and Iíve already discovered ways and groups to make connections. Over the line in Cleveland on Clifton Blvd is nice too, kind of reminds me of Coolidge Corner in Brookline MA if anyone is familiar with that area. Plus and minuses to every place I suppose.
Good to hear and welcome. I hope you like it here.

Old 07-27-2018, 01:46 AM

6,995 posts, read 4,063,790 times
Post 35 from this thread definitely would inform readers of this thread.

What Are the Things That Clevelanders Take for Granted?

Lucky's Market articles:

https://www.cleveland.com/expo/erry-...t_the_new.html

https://www.cleveland.com/entertainm...econd_sto.html

https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/lo...o/95-552271341

Last edited by WRnative; 07-27-2018 at 02:14 AM..

Old 07-27-2018, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by october2007 View Post
The 55 is my FAVORITE bus - usually clean, quiet, uncrowded! I so wish it had regular runs to Crocker Park and that it also ran on Sundays. I think it's once an hour on Saturdays and 2x hour weekdays.
The best RTA buses, in my opinion, are the Park-n-Rides. In terms of being comfortable, even relatively plush. They do cost a little more. Unfortunately, they pretty much only serve suburban commuters who work 9-to-5 jobs downtown. (I did recently have the pleasure of riding the #246 Westlake a couple mornings.)

Old 07-27-2018, 05:49 PM

616 posts, read 301,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew61 View Post
The best RTA buses, in my opinion, are the Park-n-Rides. In terms of being comfortable, even relatively plush. They do cost a little more. Unfortunately, they pretty much only serve suburban commuters who work 9-to-5 jobs downtown. (I did recently have the pleasure of riding the #246 Westlake a couple mornings.)
Haven't had the opportunity or pleasure of those buses yet!

Old 07-28-2018, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by october2007 View Post
Haven't had the opportunity or pleasure of those buses yet!
They're a lot more like cross-country buses in terms of comfort. They even have individualized overhead AC valves for each seat that you can open or close, just like on airplanes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or