Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 10:04 PM
on3 on3 started this thread

498 posts, read 384,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
Cincinnati is one gigantic Bruntucky though. Heck, a big part of metro Cincinnati is Kentucky, complete with the creation museum and that ark thing just down yonder.

You live there, you should know.
I would say some of the areas around Cincinnati have been tainted by a few rednecks that straggle their way across the state boarder from Kentucky, but I wouldn't equate creationism with hillbilly "redneckism."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2018, 10:33 PM

4,823 posts, read 4,941,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by on3 View Post
I would say some of the areas around Cincinnati have been tainted by a few rednecks that straggle their way across the state boarder from Kentucky, but I wouldn't equate creationism with hillbilly "redneckism."
No just the deep general conservatism wherein Cincinnati lies.

Old 10-05-2018, 12:50 PM

1,796 posts, read 2,230,813 times
Quote:

Yes, it is nice that bruntuckians cross over into Cuyahoga County to spend $, same thing people from Avon do.

Despite your views though, Medina and Lorain counties are growing, at Cuyahoga County expense.
I know a whole bunch of people in Brunstucky, and even more in Avon, that won't go into the big bad city or even the big bad Cuyahoga County to do anything, not if their life depended on it. Not visit a museum or Severance Hall, not go to Edgewater or any other city lake access park, not even park by the zoo much less attend it,but will go to a ballgame as long as they all hold hands on the scary train and all hold hands on the scary walk to the ballpark and all hold hands getting back to their car parked in a scary parking garage to exit the scary city asap. The trip to the ball game becomes a terrified trip to a haunted house. Yet they all tell the out of towners on a plane how they live in "Cleveland."

Don't overblow the economic impact of the scared west side outer ring suburbanite. If they can stay at Crocker Park or South Park Center and avoid your "Weaveland" consituents, they will.

And this is where I probably get blocked, or banned, but frankly I don't care by this point. I've taken the high road on CD long enough.

There's a reason that you have these nasty, racist, classist thoughts about your city, and I'll bet it's because you call yourself "Kamms." There's a reason that the good folks of "Weaveland" focused on protests in Kamms, and not City Hall. They know where the angry, bitter, scared-of-the-whole-east-side-but-brag-about-Cleveland-yet-hate-Cleveland folks live. Not that any protest would change the closed minds of the community.

You have no problem ripping on "conservative Cincinnati" yet you go on and on about "Weaveland." So enlightened. You talk about unfair cultural stereotypes, but you're sure as heck reinforcing yours and the one of that community which your screenname suggests.

Last edited by kpl1228; 10-05-2018 at 01:06 PM..

Old 10-05-2018, 02:06 PM
on3 on3 started this thread

498 posts, read 384,712 times
Wasn't trying to turn this into a pissing contest between East Cleveland and places like Brunswick. Both have their pluses and minuses, and there's nothing wrong with people choosing to live in a place that they are comfortable with. Some of us have very small comfort zones and don't feel the discomfort that others feel when venturing into both areas for whatever reason. If you think there aren't racist people in certain parts of East Cleveland that don't want upstanding, tax paying, contributing members of society living among them, you are mistaken. I'll take my own experiences over internet hearsay, but it's interesting to hear internet opinions from time to time even though they will never trump my own experiences.

Not sure how someone would get banned on a forum that prides itself on it's city vs city section. Also a screen name that someone uses with regards to where they are from... I don't see how that would be a negative. Nothing wrong with having pride, it's the city homers that refuse to accept negative truths and I suspect that in person conversations are vastly different than internet discussions when it comes to comparing cities.

Old 10-05-2018, 03:30 PM

4,823 posts, read 4,941,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpl1228 View Post
I know a whole bunch of people in Brunstucky, and even more in Avon, that won't go into the big bad city or even the big bad Cuyahoga County to do anything, not if their life depended on it. Not visit a museum or Severance Hall, not go to Edgewater or any other city lake access park, not even park by the zoo much less attend it,but will go to a ballgame as long as they all hold hands on the scary train and all hold hands on the scary walk to the ballpark and all hold hands getting back to their car parked in a scary parking garage to exit the scary city asap. The trip to the ball game becomes a terrified trip to a haunted house. Yet they all tell the out of towners on a plane how they live in "Cleveland."

Don't overblow the economic impact of the scared west side outer ring suburbanite. If they can stay at Crocker Park or South Park Center and avoid your "Weaveland" consituents, they will.

And this is where I probably get blocked, or banned, but frankly I don't care by this point. I've taken the high road on CD long enough.

There's a reason that you have these nasty, racist, classist thoughts about your city, and I'll bet it's because you call yourself "Kamms." There's a reason that the good folks of "Weaveland" focused on protests in Kamms, and not City Hall. They know where the angry, bitter, scared-of-the-whole-east-side-but-brag-about-Cleveland-yet-hate-Cleveland folks live. Not that any protest would change the closed minds of the community.

You have no problem ripping on "conservative Cincinnati" yet you go on and on about "Weaveland." So enlightened. You talk about unfair cultural stereotypes, but you're sure as heck reinforcing yours and the one of that community which your screenname suggests.
Well others have no problem with placing names on people that choose to live in Brunswick, so why can't the shoe go on the other foot?

It's not nice to generalize about anyone; baited with the Weaveland thing and, of course, you took a bite.

So you can have nasty, racist, and class thoughts about Brunswick but object when one does the same thing about Cleveland, East Cleveland, or any other place depending on the group being stereotyped and put down. That's not how it works.

Thanks for passing the hypocrisy test though.

Oh, and thanks for generalizing about everyone living in Kamms Corners; you know, the last sizable middle class 'hood left in Cleveland.

For starters, take your social justice warrior schtick to East Cleveland City Hall. Btw, you sure like to use the phrase ''big bad city'' a lot. That's so '80s.

Last edited by Kamms; 10-05-2018 at 03:56 PM..

Old 10-05-2018, 03:38 PM

11,052 posts, read 12,445,509 times
Quote:
Well others have no problem with placing names on people that choose to live in Brunswick, so why can't the shoe go on the other foot?

It's not nice to generalize about anyone; baited with the Weaveland thing and, of course, you took a bite.
Yeah I thought this was pretty clear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland