Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2017, 03:28 PM

869 posts, read 1,278,311 times

Advertisements

More infill in Little Italy:

Apartments proposed on former Golden Bowl site in Cleveland's Little Italy (photos) | cleveland.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2017, 12:01 PM

324 posts, read 402,744 times
NEOtrans: Busy month: 3 big downtown Cleveland projects?

FYI

Old 05-13-2017, 12:28 PM

2,365 posts, read 4,375,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pontiac51 View Post
Good article. Has there been any new info regarding Nucleus tower financing?

Old 05-14-2017, 09:19 AM

324 posts, read 402,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1watertiger View Post
Good article. Has there been any new info regarding Nucleus tower financing?
This is the latest I've seen.

http://www.crainscleveland.com/artic...lled-but-alive

Old 05-18-2017, 08:25 PM

4,823 posts, read 4,943,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
You keep saying transit fare rules aren't adequately enforced based on your interpretation of 5-year-old articles. You've provided no substantiation that this is a current issue, so your claims smack of racial bias.

I did notice that fare violation rules have special provisions for juvenile offenders, which must mean that RTA is enforcing the rules against some juveniles.

https://websrvor15.gcrta.org:8000/OA...rp=IBE_M_OTHER
So a buddy from out of town stayed at the Cleveiand Clinic Holiday Inn last weekend and used the HealthLine to go downtown. He liked the HealthLine but commented that no one but him used the ticket kiosk...oh, and he was the only white rider.

Old 05-18-2017, 08:43 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,438,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
So a buddy from out of town stayed at the Cleveiand Clinic Holiday Inn last weekend and used the HealthLine to go downtown. He liked the HealthLine but commented that no one but him used the ticket kiosk...oh, and he was the only white rider.
Lots of regular riders likely have passes, even monthly passes. I suspect that the race of riders varies by time of day. If I were going to ride the Healthline, I would buy the pass/fare in advance online.

E.g., during commuting hours, there likely is a higher percentage of non-African Americans.

Residents of Cleveland Heights and Little Italy likely use the Red Line to get downtown. Remember that communities east of University Circle largely are African American, even many of those residents also likely also use the Red Line, if they live near or east of the Windermere/Stokes station.

What would be interesting is what passengers use the Healthline instead of the Red Line. Perhaps persons with destinations between University Circle and East 9th St.?

Old 05-18-2017, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
I had visions of Public Square as a kind of Boston Public Garden. Didn't really turn into that exactly, but was good enough with a cafe there, spot for performances and a redone landscape. But that street running through the middle kills it. Should have been one unified park all along.

Right about the Mall too. Any idea why it's always empty?
Been in downtown Cleveland the past few days. The demise of the new Public Square has started.

Old 05-18-2017, 08:46 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,438,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
Been in downtown Cleveland the past few days. The demise of the new Public Square has started.
Your pushing the development thread off-topic. Please start new threads if you want to promote your negativism (rascism? e.g., what difference does it make if all riders on the Healthline are African American?) on any topic.

Old 05-18-2017, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Your pushing the development thread off-topic. Please start new threads if you want to promote your negativism (rascism? e.g., what difference does it make if all riders on the Healthline are African American?) on any topic.
You were the one making it a race issue; guess since you were trounced on that topic it's now ''off topic'' per you. The condition of Public Square has everything to do with development as does the HealthLine with its high usage and low paying ridership.

Last edited by Kamms; 05-18-2017 at 10:13 PM..

Old 05-18-2017, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Lots of regular riders likely have passes, even monthly passes. I suspect that the race of riders varies by time of day. If I were going to ride the Healthline, I would buy the pass/fare in advance online.

E.g., during commuting hours, there likely is a higher percentage of non-African Americans.

Residents of Cleveland Heights and Little Italy likely use the Red Line to get downtown. Remember that communities east of University Circle largely are African American, even many of those residents also likely also use the Red Line, if they live near or east of the Windermere/Stokes station.

What would be interesting is what passengers use the Healthline instead of the Red Line. Perhaps persons with destinations between University Circle and East 9th St.?
Remember, fare card checks don't happen on the HealthLine. I rode the RTA today; actually rode the WFL from Flats to E 55th, transferred to Red Line. Could have easily not paid a fare.

Maybe 3-4 people exited the Little Italy stop. One other passenger on the WFL. The HL is better routed, the Red not and WF lines not at all. The Euclid Avenue bus line has seen far greater ridership than the Red Line for a long time, before its current reincarnation as the HL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland