Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2018, 07:26 AM

378 posts, read 337,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
Have there been any articles or news reports confirming this? I haven't seen any.
My street was un-plowed as were a handful of others, but there was no article about it.

News 5 did write this article: https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/...heir-own-hands

If there were streets ignored in Detroit-Shoreway imagine what they were like in neighborhoods that aren't as high profile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2018, 09:08 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,285,590 times
Default Orange Village's Pinecrest nears completion

wkyc.com | Pinecrest Project making progress in Orange Village; businesses starting to hire

Pinecrest reportedly has 440,000 square feet of retail space. It will be interesting to see how it succeeds versus Westlake's Crocker Park, given the nearby Beachwood Place, Legacy Village, and Eton Chagrin Blvd.

https://www.chainstoreage.com/articl...-village-ohio/

The $240 million project reportedly will include a Kona Grill, BiBiBop and a Shake Shack. BiBiBop is a popular Korean-inspired fast casual food chain started in Columbus.

https://www.chainstoreage.com/articl...-village-ohio/

Shake Shack likely will be a major attraction for the new development, providing competition in the upscale burger market for Michael Symon's B Sport Burger location at Eton Chagrin.

Shake Shack opening at Pinecrest in Orange Village in 2018 | cleveland.com

Cleveland's BIBIBOP pushes grand opening and free food promotion to new date | cleveland.com

Retailers will include Cleveland's first REI store.

https://newsroom.rei.com/news/corpor...-fall-2016.htm

Old 01-29-2018, 07:31 AM

6,596 posts, read 8,910,128 times
Paran Management buys landmark | Crain's Cleveland Business

This is good news. Those buildings are vacant aside from Goodwill and Jackie Chen's Wok. Shaker Square itself is at or near 100% occupied, so adding some adjacent capacity will help.

I hope they go with the market rate apartments, with ground level retail. Especially if it shakes up the local rental market, which is dominated by a handful of apartment companies who could use some competition.

I'm still a little curious how Shaker Square and the Van Aken District will balance out. Hopefully there is enough demand to support both areas.

Old 01-30-2018, 01:16 PM

237 posts, read 246,444 times
Plug and Play will start operations in Cleveland this Spring and we're worried about Columbus' snow removal.

Old 01-31-2018, 09:49 AM

12 posts, read 8,897 times
"Shake Shack opening at Pinecrest in Orange Village in 2018 | cleveland.com'

I guess this means we can say goodbye to the nuCLEus project. Another disappointment....

Old 01-31-2018, 10:06 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,285,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markymarke View Post

I guess this means we can say goodbye to the nuCLEus project. Another disappointment....
What makes you think there will be only one Shake Shack in Greater Cleveland???

Orange Village is a long way from downtown Cleveland; they serve two very different markets.

If Nucleus is on the rocks, it may be due to recent increases in mortgage interest rates as a result of a strong economy and anticipated federal budget deficits and resulting increased federal borrowing as a result of the new Republican tax bill.

Old 01-31-2018, 12:01 PM

4,823 posts, read 4,903,298 times
Quote:

Why would you say goodbye to the nuCLEus project because a Shake Shack is opening in Orange Village? I mean you're making getting one Shake Shack sound like that IKEA (also known as I-PITA) drama.

Old 01-31-2018, 12:09 PM

237 posts, read 246,444 times
Quote:

Shake shack in Orange Village was announced awhile back and it was stated then it would be one of two locations if Nucleus were to be built.

Old 02-16-2018, 09:43 PM

1,374 posts, read 3,240,772 times
This is certainly an exciting possibility that could benefit both Cleveland and Chicago in so many ways ...

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/...a-game-changer

Hyperloop: Traveling from Cleveland to Chicago in minutes one step closer to reality | fox8.com

Old 02-19-2018, 08:36 PM

12 posts, read 8,897 times
Default Shake Shack

Shake Shack only has 136 locations in the WORLD but you guys are possibly right.

But anyway whatever happened to the vote that was supposed to take place regarding nuCLEus by the school board?

This thing is dead in the water.

Oh and any news on the playhouse square building? I thought that would be faster in getting approved and built....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland