U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2020, 11:45 AM
on3

342 posts, read 147,661 times

Advertisements

Now there are credible reports that Painesville, OH is going to be the next target for destruction. The cavalry may be called in. A rioter is likely to be killed if they try to pull vandalism on a small business in a suburb as opposed to a city. The people there will not lay down, and small business owners will be armed to the teeth. I hope they arrest as many as they can and the police don't mistake the business owners as rioters themselves. You honestly have a better chance at winning the Ohio lottery than thinking you'll destroy a suburb filled with aware, armed citizens. Some punk tried to vandalize former Cavs player JR smith's car in a suburb of LA and the vandal is lucky to be breathing. JR kicked the **** out of him and rightfully so.

WARNING: Language

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak8dkg5JV5k
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2020, 02:20 PM

3,906 posts, read 6,277,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
I suspect some type of anarchists are behind this to at least some degree. But I would bet they are local (at least from northeast Ohio).
Well, the police chief was on this morning's local newscast, and he said differently.

Old 06-01-2020, 04:21 PM
on3

Someone had a brick thrown through their window driving on I-271 near Beachwood. Charge all 4 of those cops with murder already. And make sure they go into general population in prison at some point.

Old 06-01-2020, 06:13 PM

9,848 posts, read 9,150,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew61 View Post
Well, the police chief was on this morning's local newscast, and he said differently.
https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/...0N22lzE1PPacXM

Old 06-01-2020, 07:28 PM
on3

Last night was a total lock down in cleveland with no press access so I have to question the accuracy of what is being reported. More raw video from people is needed. Columbus media tried to cover up how much damage was done in short north for example, and it didn’t work because people posted the real pictures. I take the media coverage for a grain of salt these days.

Old 06-01-2020, 07:32 PM

9,848 posts, read 9,150,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by on3 View Post
Last night was a total lock down in cleveland with no press access so I have to question the accuracy of what is being reported. More raw video from people is needed. Columbus media tried to cover up how much damage was done in short north for example, and it didn’t work because people posted the real pictures. I take the media coverage for a grain of salt these days.
I can answer any questions about extent of damage.

Old 06-01-2020, 08:07 PM
on3

I really hope this isn’t real. One picture I saw of this said Chardon, OH and this shows Chicago, IL so whoever is doing this is a real POS.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tru...unknown/%3famp

Old 06-01-2020, 11:37 PM

9,615 posts, read 6,369,067 times
Quote:
Now there are credible reports that Painesville, OH is going to be the next target for destruction. The cavalry may be called in. A rioter is likely to be killed if they try to pull vandalism on a small business in a suburb as opposed to a city. The people there will not lay down, and small business owners will be armed to the teeth. I hope they arrest as many as they can and the police don't mistake the business owners as rioters themselves. You honestly have a better chance at winning the Ohio lottery than thinking you'll destroy a suburb filled with aware, armed citizens.
Even though Painesville has a very significant Latino and African American population, the small protest in Painesville on Monday was largely by white demonstrators. There was no police presence that I could see in the photos here.

https://fox8.com/news/photo-gallery-...-george-floyd/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paines...io#2010_census

https://www.news-herald.com/news/pro...3a607f808.html

Painesville police and the Lake County Sheriff department don't have a reputation for racial violence, even though there are likely a few bad eggs. Painesville has tight knit minority communities who are to some significant extent self-policing. There also are not any significant retail targets in the downtown area, except for the major chain drug stores, a few restaurants, a Mexican grocery and a hardware store.

I doubt if Painesville residents would turn out with guns to defend the downtown area, but it may be a different story if the rioters entered the residential neighborhoods surrounding downtown. Painesville's residential neighborhoods are racially integrated to varying degrees and not prone to white flight.

Painesville's Police Chief Daniel Waterman offered a public statement prior to the demonstration.

<<
There are many rumors swirling around Painesville right now and I want to clarify what is happening.
• The Painesville Police Department has been notified of a planned, peaceful protest scheduled today at 2:00 p.m. in Painesville Square. The city is NOT on lockdown. We encourage everyone to exercise their constitution right to protest. We are on the scene to ensure the safety of everyone.
• The Painesville Police Department has policies and training in place so what happened in Minnesota does not happen here. We train our officers on the dangers of positional asphyxia. We train our officers to never put knees on the neck. Our policy is to get suspects up as quickly as possible. We never try to force a large or tall person into a vehicle with inadequate room. We call for an SUV or PCFD vehicle to transport. All officers are trained for deadly force situations and we strongly support crisis intervention training for officers.
• PPD also prides itself on having one of the most diverse police department’s in Northeast Ohio, with multiple African American, Hispanic and/or women officers.
• Our officers and administration also takes pride in being strongly connected to the community we serve in. We have a long-standing relationship with the African American community and Hispanic community in the City of Painesville. We are closely connected to all children through the Painesville City Local Schools system and we are often invited to events and services in these communities.
We are always open for discussion and encourage residents to reach out to myself or other members of the department with any concerns they may have. Please be safe and respect the city we call home.
Chief Waterman>>

https://www.facebook.com/Painesville...58518487555350

Painesville's policy on neck restraints and on forcing large persons into patrol car cages apparently differ from those employed in Minneapolis. Floyd, a very large individual, was removed from a patrol car and put into a restraint on the ground when he apparently protested the small size of the patrol car cage. Minneapolis police policy also permits the use of neck restraints.

<<But the Minneapolis Police Department’s policy manual that is available online has allowed the use of neck restraints to render suspects unconscious. The policy reads: “The unconscious neck restraint shall only be applied … 1. On a subject who is exhibiting active aggression, or; 2. For life saving purposes, or; 3. On a subject who is exhibiting active resistance in order to gain control of the subject; and if lesser attempts at control have been or would likely be ineffective.”>>

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ge...ars-2020-06-01

I wonder what the policies are for transporting large individuals and for the use of neck restraints in Cleveland and in other northeast Ohio communities.

Given the policies of the Minneapolis PD, especially regarding the use of neck restraints, I wonder how difficult it will be to convict the Minneapolis police officers with responsibility for Floyd's death.

Last edited by WRnative; 06-02-2020 at 12:32 AM..

Old 06-02-2020, 11:44 AM

3,640 posts, read 3,558,627 times
Quote:
I really hope this isn’t real. One picture I saw of this said Chardon, OH and this shows Chicago, IL so whoever is doing this is a real POS.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tru...unknown/%3famp
What a couple of idiots...

Old 06-03-2020, 03:18 AM

4,359 posts, read 6,272,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1watertiger View Post
Antifa. Believe it! And yes the president is correct, they are a domestic terrorist group.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...mp/ncna1220486

Ah, Antifa... The alt-right's favorite phantom menace. It couldn't possibly be the 3.5 years of the Cheeto in Chief's complete absence of any leadership whatsoever while fanning the flames of hatred at literally every turn. Combine that with a terribly handled pandemic, mass unemployment and an economy in virtual free-fall, it doesn't take much more than a spark like a bigoted cop slowly asphyxiating a black man on national television over a phony $20 bill to ignite the already fully charged powder keg.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland