U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 07:54 AM

148 posts, read 451,899 times

Advertisements

Hey folks. I'm a native that left pretty much the day I started college. I came back this past summer to help my folks move out west, and this summer I'll be moving out west as well.

Since my mom has moved (and though I have plenty of family left...well.. none worth buying a plane ticket to see ) I thought I'd make one last drive up with a friend of mine and make a visit to all the stuff I love, eat all the stuff I'll miss (West Side Market Brat stand... Mr. Hero... Ham Fried Rice [yes, for those who don't know, ham fried rice is a local thing] and hopefully a Polish Boy or two, etc etc.) anyway...since I'm bringing a friend with me that has never visited, I'll have to do some touristy-type stuff while I'm there as well.

As far as the touristy stuff, what's still around? What's new, fun, and not worth my time (I thought the R&R Hall of Fame was a waste of space, but maybe that's just me)...

Help me out so I can flesh out my trip with places to space out how often I stuff my face.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2008, 10:20 AM

9,587 posts, read 15,103,143 times
where out west are you going

Old 05-02-2008, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
where out west are you going
Family is in Vegas, I'm going to Denver.

Is there no one around with suggestions on touristy type stuff to do in Cleveland? Geeesh...

Old 05-02-2008, 04:44 PM

2,204 posts, read 4,471,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmakairos View Post
Family is in Vegas, I'm going to Denver.

Is there no one around with suggestions on touristy type stuff to do in Cleveland? Geeesh...
I've found that it's the touristy type stuff that's boring ... when you dig into what made that city, a city -that's where it gets interesting.

Old 05-02-2008, 04:54 PM

3,558 posts, read 5,047,966 times
Touristy:
Christmas Story House
Museums/Botanical Gardens
Indians Game/Cavs Playoff game!
Great Lakes Brewery (beer/free tour/food)
Lolly the Trolley tour!
Zoo

Interesting:
Little Italy (for lunch or dinner)
Chinatown (for lunch or dinner)
Cleveland Orchestra
Playhouse Square
W.6th and E.4th
Comedy Clubs
Westside Market (like you mentioned already)

I feel like I made a similar list before....but hopefully that's a start.

Old 05-02-2008, 07:45 PM

9,587 posts, read 15,103,143 times
will you end up in vegas?

Old 05-03-2008, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy-Rise View Post
I've found that it's the touristy type stuff that's boring ... when you dig into what made that city, a city -that's where it gets interesting.
Agreed, but the in-depth stuff I think I have covered. I don't see anything wrong with a mix of both, however. When you're a local, you tend *not* to see everything there is to see because you're mired down in everyday life. For instance, I've never been to the Christmas Story house, as Costello suggested. I think it will be awesome to have my friend watch the movie, then show him / tell him about a little Cleve. history. Best of both worlds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics
will you end up in vegas?
No, will just visit a lot.

Old 05-03-2008, 02:02 PM

2,623 posts, read 3,203,976 times
You guys could go to the site of old League Park. Just go during the day and be very wary of your surroundings, because it's not in the nicest of areas.

Untitled Document

Old 06-25-2008, 10:29 AM

978 posts, read 521,633 times
Probably too late, but from the sound of it, you should probably have Hot Sauce Williams on your list of places to "stuff your face."

Old 06-25-2008, 12:03 PM

25 posts, read 56,402 times
If your a native...Shouldnt you already know
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland