Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2008, 03:21 AM

2 posts, read 5,245 times

Advertisements

Hello guys, my friend referred me to the site in hopes I could be helped out!

I'm going to be taking a job at Cleveland Clinic and I could really use some help on the best place to settle down here in Cleveland! I am looking for a nice, healthy looking suburb with a very low crime rate and good amenities like shopping, recreation, etc. Preferrably a suburb closer to the Downtown Cleveland/University Circle area as those will be the destinations for my commutes, I understand most of these are on the east side. But I am open to any west side suburbs as well,hopefully under a 45 min commute.

Also, both me and my wife are biracial (Black+White) and we have a 2 yr old daughter and she is expecting another in the next couple of months. I had some hard times growing up as a biracial child and I really want to prevent my children from going through this like I did so an area that is racially friendly for my children is preferred ?

So a healthy,good natured racially friendly suburb, east or west with a reasonable commute time and oh almost forgot preferrably nothing above $250,000. Any suggestions ? Thank you, this is greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2008, 11:49 AM

181 posts, read 838,247 times
Shaker Heights.

Old 08-17-2008, 01:11 PM

2,106 posts, read 6,632,154 times
Shaker Heights, Cleveland Heights, Lakewood, Berea. The first 2 being east side, the latter west side. All are culturally diverse - Lakewood being the most diverse. You can't really do wrong in any of those cities with proper research (some areas may not be ideal for your family). For $250,000 you could get a rather large home in Berea or Lakewood.

Old 08-19-2008, 01:54 AM

2 posts, read 5,245 times
Thank you guys so much! After much research and consideration, we have decided to go for a house in Lakewood, it's a very friendly little town and their Gold Coast looks awesome! Thank you guys again!

Old 08-19-2008, 11:09 AM

4 posts, read 10,842 times
Default just listed out home for sale...you may be interested!

hi! welcome to the cleveland area! my husband and i just listed our home located in beautiful willoughby hills. it is part of lake county-taxes very low. it is very easy to find and close to two freeways. easy for you to get to the clinic as well! we have little to no crime. the home sits on 1 1-2 acres and is close to the park.
feel free to contact me direct at my email or contact my realtor direct. would love for you to see it!!

realtor is: gregg boehlefeld at 440-975-5854 or [EMAIL="boehlefeld@aol.com"]boehlefeld@aol.com[/EMAIL]
he is at: prudential select properties. feel free to leave him a message-he will get back to you. the home is proberly listed on their website.

again, welcome to cleveland!!!!

maureen bauer
[EMAIL="tauntemoe@msn.comv"]tauntemoe@msn.comv[/EMAIL]

Old 08-22-2008, 12:20 PM

4 posts, read 27,524 times
I would recommed Mayfield Heights, on the East side. It's about 30 minutes driving distance to the Cleveland Clinic. We've been living here for about a year and are happy with it. The school system is one of the best around, and very diverse.

Old 08-23-2008, 11:36 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,995,060 times
sorry been in mayfield for the last 30yrs.. yes school is great, but the city is changing for the worse...if you want eastside, beachwood shaker or go to geauga county
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland