Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 12:31 PM

436 posts, read 1,647,153 times

Advertisements

I just looked now - Autumnwood (what was discussed above) are a 'Ryan Homes' development. Eeee.
And, actually, that area is considered Brunswick Hills, not Brunswick (city).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2009, 12:53 PM

405 posts, read 1,213,407 times
Yeah, I think Ryan Homes are pure evil. Quantity over quality. I guess some people with $20 to spend on dinner would rather have 8 Big Macs than a nice steak. I'll never understand it.

Old 04-01-2009, 06:39 PM

50 posts, read 134,150 times
Brunswick is a bit country and hillbilly. Medina is country as well but more urban feeling. More sophistated (sic)

Old 04-02-2009, 09:57 AM

436 posts, read 1,647,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangy View Post
Brunswick is a bit country and hillbilly. Medina is country as well but more urban feeling. More sophistated (sic)
Uh I would have to disagree with any part of Medina being even a little bit urban. Sophisticated? Hudson tries to pride itself on being 'sophisticated'. Medina is no where near even plain old Hudson on that scale.

Brunswick may be country and hillbilly on Sleepy Hollow Rd. and towards the outer edges of the "city", but the majority of the area is suburban. Medina is suburban (not urban, mind you, but suburban as in cookie cutter houses, housing developments and white picket fences) and actually, has a lot more 'country' to it than Brunswick has.

Typically, Medina and Strongsville people like to pick on Brunswick but that is only because they are mad that we tend to hand their butts to them on a platter in football games lol

-Wait! Hey who said that?!-
OH SNAP!

Old 04-02-2009, 10:02 AM

1,110 posts, read 4,370,107 times
Ryan Homes is now cancelled. Not going to buy one. However, we are now looking at Moreland Homes. Better windows, doors. Anyone hear about Moreland? We can get a new home for same price as a older one. Looking at Meadow Lakes - North Ridgeville.

I suspect Moreland might be more of same less quality like Ryan.,

Old 04-02-2009, 10:33 AM

Most builders nowadays, especially in the suburbs, do not build quality homes. Too many people look purely at dollars per sq. ft., and the builders have responded to this, mostly pumping out large piles of junk. To get anything decent, you will probably have to hire a custom builder and either pay more, or expectg a little bit smaller home. As I have always said, you get what you pay for.

Old 04-02-2009, 01:06 PM

1,110 posts, read 4,370,107 times
Im tending to agree with you. The moreland home we liked is now not on the list. They built these homes along creeks, but you are not allowed to put up a fence. We have two infants - so a fence is needed.

Whatever, I have a feeling Moreland homes are built just as bad as Ryan. Its ashame. They look nice now..but I dont want to have it falling apart in 10 years.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:18 PM

I have a friend who bought a home in Broadview Heights about 15 years ago. It is about 4000 square feet and they paid around $400k for it back then. About 7 years ago the garage was already pulling away from teh house and now they have a huge crack, and it's about a 6 inch step down from the kitchen to the laundry room, garage area. If they build $500k houses like that, I don't even want to know what happens to the $180k ones.

It's a shame really, but I guess if they're making money, they have no incentive to change their ways.

Old 04-03-2009, 06:12 PM

1,653 posts, read 4,296,055 times
Medina is hillbilly! The high school has tractor day!

Go to Brunswick and look around North Park. (grafton and carpenter) There is a great park, 2 shopping centers, the mall and 5 medical centers (CCF & UH) within 5 miles.

Brunswick is way nicer. There is nothing sophisticated about Medina.

Old 04-04-2009, 11:07 AM

4,651 posts, read 4,968,796 times
From where I'm standing (Lakewood), Medina and Brunswick are pretty much exactly the same. I imagine it would be that way for the OP, too, coming from Middleburg Heights. Just a different viewpoint.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland