Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If you had to choose east side or west side of cleveland to live?
East side 3 23.08%
West side 10 76.92%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 10:39 AM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,180,670 times

Advertisements

Hoping to move to the Cleveland area soon for an employment opportunity. Im moving from a country setting off the coast of North Carolina next to the outter banks. Was looking at North Olmstead, North Ridgeville, or Sheffield area's to relocate my family, just curious as to any input any locals may have on either of these three areas. Wife and I are approximately 50, enjoy a nice home and neighborhood. Housing looks to be a good value in these selected areas from what I can see in pictures. Mostly looking for a family oriented neighborhood thats relatively quiet yet close to all conveniences. I'll be driving all over the west side of cleveland and down through the Akron market in my new job. Any and all comments would be greatly appreciated, thank you

Last edited by Dbl-r; 04-23-2009 at 12:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2009, 01:30 PM

3,343 posts, read 10,934,506 times
If its was me i would go with the Eastern suburbs, but after reading that you will be working mostly on the west side and in Akron i would stick w/the west or south sides. I'm biased towards the east side because i live near the Pa border in Warren and the far eastern suburbs are about 40 minutes from me. I've spent a lot of time in Mayfield, Solon, Chagrin Falls, Bainbridge, Beachwood, etc.

Also, if you're not used to a lot of snow the west side gets a lot less snow since the east side is in the snow belt.

I see you are coming from coastal NC. My brother relocated to Snead's Ferry about three years ago and he now lives in Jacksonville and teaches at Jacksonville High School. He loves the weather there and the job opportunities for him there, but he misses having concerts, sporting events and good shopping nearby. You'll get all of those things in the Cleveland area. Welcome to Northeast Ohio.

Last edited by CortlandGirl79; 04-23-2009 at 01:40 PM..

Old 04-24-2009, 06:21 AM

97 posts, read 250,132 times
We are also a couple in our 50's, lifelong Clevelanders. In the areas you mention, I would say North Olmsted is the most convenient to shopping and interstates. There are many nice established neighborhoods in North Olmsted. Westlake is also very nice, but the home prices tend to be a little higher. Westlake is convenient to shopping and interstate access as well. If you find certain areas in North Olmsted or Westlake that you have questions about, feel free to ask me as these are the areas I have lived in.

Good luck in your search and welcome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
View detailed profiles of: