Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 06:11 AM

1,859 posts, read 5,026,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey_Hey View Post
I hate how expensive Major League Baseball is now. All things considered, I much prefer minor league baseball now. I can go to a game in Toledo for $8 a ticket and fairly reasonable concessions prices. It's a great atmosphere in a great stadium for about 20% of the cost of the Majors. The baseball is almost as good too, not to mention that you will be much closer to the field with better sight lines in minor league stadiums.

I grew up going to St Louis Cardinals' games, but my family (that still lives close to st louis) hardly ever goes anymore because of the price. It's sad how expensive and exclusive it's gotten.
The unfortunate part about all pro sports, is that corporate America has taken over which has led to some ridiculous prices that a lot of families just can't justify spending. It baffles me that fans will pay $65-$75 for an NFL pre-season game!!! I realize a lot of them 'have to' in order to get their full-season tickets, but it is getting out of control. Every time I read an article about how the new Yankee Stadium is seeing a lot of empty seats the first couple weeks of the season - especially the outrageous ones that are right on the field priced between $500 - $2600 - I love it, b/c truly, that is the only way the owners and players are going to get it is seeing that fans just can't afford the escalating prices.

I think there are some $6-$10 seats at Progressive Field, but most are in nose-bleed areas where you'd probably be better off watching on TV; Minor League Baseball is a nice alternative, b/c you can sit right near the field for that same $6-$10 and see some of the up & coming stars and a lot of the games I've been too, they have a lot of stuff going on around the park and in-between innings that entertain the children as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2009, 08:31 AM

323 posts, read 835,016 times
Thanks for the input. I just enjoy baseball in general so I am not really concerned about how the team is doing. I am more interested in the overall experience. I am one of those Field of Dreamers...build it and I will show up.

Old 04-28-2009, 08:42 AM

41,951 posts, read 75,160,115 times
Go. You'll have a great time. The park is great, the setting is fabulous.

Quote:
but most are in nose-bleed areas where you'd probably be better off watching on TV
Yeah, but the nosebleed sections have their own peculiar yet enjoyable culture.

Old 04-28-2009, 09:09 AM

405 posts, read 1,213,552 times
The bleacher seats in left field are reasonable and anything but nosebleeds. Also, the lower deck in right field near the bullpens is pretty cheap and good seats. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever been to a game there I didn't thoroughly enjoy, regardless of where my seats were.

Old 04-28-2009, 11:01 AM

323 posts, read 835,016 times
One positive is the cost of the seats. The tickets are not that expensive compared to other parks.

Old 05-03-2009, 06:04 AM

213 posts, read 697,965 times
The field is beautiful but the atmosphere rather stinks because the park is regularly 50-60% empty. Even when the team gets "hot" nowadays (see late 2005 and most of 2007) they have trouble even getting it to 80% capacity.

It's ashame that Clevelanders have no problems supporting a crapfest of an organization (the Browns) by selling out every game no matter how terrible they are, but cannot support their baseball team even when they are sometimes among the league's best.

Old 05-03-2009, 08:06 AM

2,365 posts, read 4,373,416 times
that comes with waiting 61 yrs for a champianship... fans get tired of the constant rebuilding. its a great park to watch a game

Old 05-03-2009, 08:35 PM

1,859 posts, read 5,026,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
The field is beautiful but the atmosphere rather stinks because the park is regularly 50-60% empty. Even when the team gets "hot" nowadays (see late 2005 and most of 2007) they have trouble even getting it to 80% capacity.

It's ashame that Clevelanders have no problems supporting a crapfest of an organization (the Browns) by selling out every game no matter how terrible they are, but cannot support their baseball team even when they are sometimes among the league's best.
It's a football town rumble...Browns will always be king. Even now, the Cavaliers have the best season in their franchise history, best record in NBA this year, yet listening to the sports talk shows the past few weeks, 85% of the calls are about the Browns and the draft.

Old 05-03-2009, 10:12 PM

2,175 posts, read 9,168,657 times
The stadium is very nice.
There are things to see and do in the area and the Lake Erie shoreline isn't far away if you're into that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
View detailed profiles of: