U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 04:44 PM

2,369 posts, read 4,426,223 times

Advertisements

To me the worst areas in Cleveland are St. Clair,E.55th,Kinsman,Euclid Avenue,and Lakeshore Blvd from Euclid all the way through Martin Luther King.Does anyone else have any neighborhoods that are bad that they could tell me about.Most of the ones I listed are filled with condenmed buildings and have high crime rates.But really I want insight on this cause thats the neighborhoods that I prefer to be around.

Old 04-13-2007, 05:51 PM

332 posts, read 1,698,262 times
To me its between East 55th and East 93rd and Superior south to about Quincy Avenue. This includes the Central, Fairfax, and Hough neighborhoods. Blight left to rot in the 60's highest crime rates, but at the same time so much potential and renewed interest in the area.

Old 04-14-2007, 09:30 AM

93 posts, read 453,904 times
Hold on, wait a sec. Can we just back up real quick? Those are the areas that you want to be around??? why?

Old 04-14-2007, 11:57 AM

Im like the rappers I represent my city.Plus all them condenmed houses and things like that look cool in Cleveland.

Old 04-15-2007, 06:42 AM

332 posts, read 1,698,262 times
There are lots of condemned or abondoned homes in some parts of Cleveland that add....something to the "character" of the city, but I hope a good majority of those are gone in 10 to 15 years meaning they are either renovated or demolished. They give an area a dead/decaying/unsafe look that's not good if you're trying to get people to move someplace.

Old 04-15-2007, 09:27 AM

30 posts, read 174,166 times
the post is kinda of ridiculous, the worst areas are the places i want to be around, you sound like the problem not the answer, join the service, make a difference and be a part of the solution not the problem.

Old 04-15-2007, 11:07 AM

303 posts, read 618,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
Im like the rappers I represent my city.Plus all them condenmed houses and things like that look cool in Cleveland.
The rappers you see on MTV and BET live in gated communities with tight security. Just because they produce a video rolling through the 'hood doesn't mean they want to live there.

I agree with bluenight on this one, your post sounds....immature at best. It's great that you like condenmed homes, but maybe they aren't so safe for children who have no choice but to live in that environment. Consider becoming an architect, since you appreciate structures "that look cool". Point is, while you're living there, it wouldn't hurt to do something constructive to help neighbors that would rather live in a cleaner, safer environment. Even the rappers you admire establish non-profits to help their old communities. If rappers are your role models, that's something you could learn from them.

Old 04-15-2007, 11:35 AM

If I became a rich rapper Id still hang out in the bad neighborhoods but I would hand out Benjamins to everyone.I like the condenmed houses but yes I to think they should be renovated and they should let less fortunate families live in them at cheaper prices.That would be a way to help cure Cleveland's homeless problem.I agree with that through that you have to clean up the neighborhoods.If your neighborhoods are unclean and crime ridden no buisness will move there which just makes it worse because that means less job options for the people living there.Yeah I know most of the rappers I see on TV don't live in those neighborhoods,But there is not that many people that do make it big like that,there is alot of rappers that never make any money at all that still do live in these neighborhoods.Plus I never in my original post siad I would'nt do anything to help clean up these neighborhoods.And why do you care if I like to be around these neighborhoods.Im from Cleveland so I like to chill with my friends and they live in neighborhoods that aren't so good,I like to play basketball at the local schools and stuff like that,just cause I like to be in these neighborhoods doesn't mean I am doing something criminal to make these neighborhoods worse.I know it is not a safe environment for the people who live in these neighborhoods and again I never siad it was safe.I knew some people in my old neighborhood that were not even allowed to leave there porch.It just takes time to rebuild neighborhoods,you can't just build a couple new buildings and say that the neighborhood is nice.

Old 04-15-2007, 12:00 PM

30 posts, read 174,166 times
better yet , do something the community that helps people, habitat for humanity is great, redcross is great.

Old 04-19-2007, 04:16 PM

93 posts, read 453,904 times
CTown I am worried about you! I hope that when you get a little bit older you will see that these are not the places that you will want to be at. What happens if you are at the wrong place at the wrong time? You never know what could happen, jail, or God forbid even die. I hope you really think about your decision before you come from Colorado. You dont want to run into the wrong crowd either, they will eat you alive. I really hope that you think about this. Please be careful!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland