Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 08:49 AM

195 posts, read 668,901 times

Advertisements

I'm moving to Shaker Heights soon, and I wanted to get some of your opinions on where I should eat. I'm open to basically all cuisines. I've been to "Melt" in Lakewood already and that place was crazy busy but had awesome food and beer. I done my research on urbanspoon but you can only trust those sites to an extent. I would really like to know who has the best gyro in town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2009, 08:56 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,551,038 times
Nicks Gyros. There is one in Mentor and one in Wllowick, there might be more, idk, but they are awesome

Old 06-19-2009, 09:32 AM

16,548 posts, read 19,689,232 times
Mentor and Willowick are a bit far to go for a gyro from Shaker.

Aladin's in Lakewood.

Old 06-19-2009, 02:02 PM

405 posts, read 1,213,883 times
He's in Shaker, why not Aladdin's in Cleveland Heights (Cedar/Fairmount)? Also, a second Melt is opening in Cleveland Heights soon (at Taylor and Cedar). Also at Cedar and Fairmount is Night Town, a jazz club with very good food.

Balaton (Hungarian), Fire (upscale American but expensive), and Sergio's Sarava (Brazilian) on Shaker Square are all very good. Also, there's Boulevard Blue on Larchmere. For Italian, there's a ton of places in Little Italy, and I also like Via Van Aken at Van Aken and Warrensville Center. Also in this plaza is Pearl of the Orient, and in Cleveland Heights on Taylor Rd. is Sun Luck Garden, which is IMO the best Chinese in NEO. There are many good places along Lee Rd. in Cleveland Heights between Fairmount and Cedar, such as Brennan's Colony (everything from bar food to upscale American, reasonably priced and tastes great) and Lopez (Mexican/southwestern).

There are many others, but I don't have the time or energy to list them all out.

Old 06-19-2009, 07:12 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,551,038 times
Red and/or Moxies in Beachwood

Tommys on Coventry

Lola in Tremont

Flying Fig in Lakewood

Old 06-19-2009, 07:40 PM

436 posts, read 874,204 times
I suggest everybody post the best food on the manu served in the best restraunt too, that would save huge amount of time. Thanks

My suggestion:

Not many Chinese restraunt actually serve authentic Chinese flavor food, not even those in china town of superior road. I found this one really good, especially if you like hot stuff, you don't want to miss this one.

Hunan Solon (Szechwan Beef, tell them you need extra authentic spicy )
Hunan Solon

Other manu by this restruant won't be good. Dont try them.

Old 06-19-2009, 08:10 PM

195 posts, read 668,901 times
Thanks for the posts. Are there any really good breakfast places near shaker?

Old 06-19-2009, 09:24 PM

3,844 posts, read 9,283,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam40jeff View Post
He's in Shaker, why not Aladdin's in Cleveland Heights (Cedar/Fairmount)? Also, a second Melt is opening in Cleveland Heights soon (at Taylor and Cedar). Also at Cedar and Fairmount is Night Town, a jazz club with very good food.

Balaton (Hungarian), Fire (upscale American but expensive), and Sergio's Sarava (Brazilian) on Shaker Square are all very good. Also, there's Boulevard Blue on Larchmere. For Italian, there's a ton of places in Little Italy, and I also like Via Van Aken at Van Aken and Warrensville Center. Also in this plaza is Pearl of the Orient, and in Cleveland Heights on Taylor Rd. is Sun Luck Garden, which is IMO the best Chinese in NEO. There are many good places along Lee Rd. in Cleveland Heights between Fairmount and Cedar, such as Brennan's Colony (everything from bar food to upscale American, reasonably priced and tastes great) and Lopez (Mexican/southwestern).

There are many others, but I don't have the time or energy to list them all out.
I second these...good post

Old 06-20-2009, 07:55 AM

2,365 posts, read 4,374,540 times
you asked about the best gyro in the city.. its on the westside in parma. a corner bar called fergies on ridge rd.... have a greek girl named shelly make it.. the best gyro bar none !

Old 06-20-2009, 09:01 AM

405 posts, read 1,213,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conroy25 View Post
Thanks for the posts. Are there any really good breakfast places near shaker?
Tommy's and Inn on Coventry both have great breakfasts, but are in Cleveland Heights on Coventry Rd. Yours Truly on Shaker Square (also a tiny one on Chagrin Blvd. in Beachwood) has pretty good breakfasts, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland