Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 06:36 AM

1,114 posts, read 2,768,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1261 View Post
Then you ARE racist, just not anti-black racist.

Any comment like "African Americans are cooler to me than my own race" which lumps a group into one big category like that is racist, no matter which direction.

They like watermelon.
They like chicken.
They can dance 'cuz of the natural rhythm.

All seemingly harmless, but racist at the core....

MOST of the crime in Cleveland in committed by black people. That is a statistical fact and public record if you care to look it up. However, it is more socio-economic than racial. Poor people steal and rob, whether it's to get food or feed a habit. Poor knows no hue.
That murder at the Circle K on Market Street in Akron July 4th was no result of Socio-economics. No want for money or bread. They just impulsively wanted each other dead, and someone lost.

The guy that won ran back into my neighborhood, keeping it real, running like a chicken...I could hear the housing prices fall.
We DO NOT need that ilk running amok around my streets as I am trying to sell my house.

Last edited by newmex; 07-06-2008 at 06:45 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2008, 05:49 PM

250 posts, read 529,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmex View Post
No want for money or bread.
That was a drug deal gone bad.

Old 07-06-2008, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1261 View Post
That was a drug deal gone bad.
Possibly anything. I'll gas up from now on in Bath on my way home, where they point lawyers instead of guns.

Old 07-06-2008, 09:07 PM

980 posts, read 1,146,300 times
Smile How to Stop Most Murders in Cleveland

Well, I'll tell you what. Drug deal or not, I'm tired of folks getting shot at gas stations. Now, this town could put an end to it real fast and I'll tell you how.

First, they catch that fella who shot and killed the old man.
Second, they throw a quick and speedy trial.
Third, they hang that boy from a real tall pole where everybody can see.
Fourth, they leave him up there long enough for the birds to peck out his eyes.
Fifth, they let everybody know that from now on, that's what will happen to boys that do that.
Six, they explain the "proceedings" to everybody, in simple and complete detail, particularly to the ones that seem dense. (school teachers and preachers might be enlisted to help in that regard)

Within in short time murders in Cleveland should plummet to about 1 per year, followed by about one hanging per year.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:20 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,919,996 times
Dont forget the murder at Gas USA on the Southside of Elyria a few weeks ago. That along with the couple in Akron and a lot in Cleveland already.

Old 07-07-2008, 11:15 PM

9 posts, read 32,682 times
[quote=CTownNative;578270]In Colorado when I tell people that there is alot of African Americans in Cleveland and actually in the whole state of Ohio,they say,its Ohio,its just a hick state with nothing but farmers.

I've been doing a lot of research on Cleveland in hopes that it's culturally diverse to live there and I find it more interesting in Denver. I lived in Boulder outside of Denver and even though Denver has grown a lot it's still very homogonous and I think of it as a bit of a Cowtown. I'm not all that impressed by Denver. The only redeeming quality of the city is its Children's Museum which is much better than even the Children's Disover Museum in San Jose which surpised me.

If you go to my thread I started entitled "is Cleveland Culturallly Diverse enough for me?" you will see some interesting stats I found while researching it which is somewhat along similar lines. The bottom line is that of all the cities in the Rust belt, Cleveland takes the cake in terms of diversity, I think

Old 07-08-2008, 07:15 PM

[quote=ahilmersen;4372153]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
In Colorado when I tell people that there is alot of African Americans in Cleveland and actually in the whole state of Ohio,they say,its Ohio,its just a hick state with nothing but farmers.

I've been doing a lot of research on Cleveland in hopes that it's culturally diverse to live there and I find it more interesting in Denver. I lived in Boulder outside of Denver and even though Denver has grown a lot it's still very homogonous and I think of it as a bit of a Cowtown. I'm not all that impressed by Denver. The only redeeming quality of the city is its Children's Museum which is much better than even the Children's Disover Museum in San Jose which surpised me.

If you go to my thread I started entitled "is Cleveland Culturallly Diverse enough for me?" you will see some interesting stats I found while researching it which is somewhat along similar lines. The bottom line is that of all the cities in the Rust belt, Cleveland takes the cake in terms of diversity, I think
Yeah, C-town is culturally diverse. Go to the Cleveland Museum of Art, Check out the brew pubs around West Side Market during the day, then take a walk down MLK Blvd or E.72/St. Clair environs at the nearest gas station in the hot summer night. You'll get your diversity kicks for sure. Some kicks, bats, and caps....and I'm not talking about Baseball or football.

Last edited by newmex; 07-08-2008 at 07:28 PM..

Old 07-08-2008, 08:49 PM

980 posts, read 1,146,300 times
That is so true!! lol In some neighborhoods of Cleveland, gun play is "no big deal." Not to say that people aren't afraid of flying lead, but it's just what goes boom in the night.

Old 07-11-2008, 08:23 PM

15 posts, read 75,906 times
A racism, alive and well in America.
Everyone is so keyed on race that even the absurd is offensive

Quote:
County commissioners were discussing problems with the central collections office that is used to process traffic ticket payments and handle other paperwork normally done by the JP Courts.

Commissioner Kenneth Mayfield, who is white, said it seemed that central collections "has become a black hole" because paperwork reportedly has become lost in the office.

Commissioner John Wiley Price, who is black, interrupted him with a loud "Excuse me!" He then corrected his colleague, saying the office has become a "white hole."

That prompted Judge Thomas Jones, who is black, to demand an apology from Mayfield for his racially insensitive analogy.

Mayfield shot back that it was a figure of speech and a science term. A black hole, according to Webster's, is perhaps "the invisible remains of a collapsed star, with an intense gravitational field from which neither light nor matter can escape."
Classic. I want white out removed from all weather forcasts in Cleveland, tis racist after all. And the offended person was a judge? Skip bilingual, lingual is a reach.

Old 07-14-2008, 12:17 PM

52 posts, read 162,288 times
[quote=newmex;4382679]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahilmersen View Post

Yeah, C-town is culturally diverse. Go to the Cleveland Museum of Art, Check out the brew pubs around West Side Market during the day, then take a walk down MLK Blvd or E.72/St. Clair environs at the nearest gas station in the hot summer night. You'll get your diversity kicks for sure. Some kicks, bats, and caps....and I'm not talking about Baseball or football.
Not to mention the Metro Parks, where two women were recently attacked (by white men, but that shouldn't matter, right?) One is paralyzed and the other one is dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland