Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 03:06 PM

1,828 posts, read 3,781,904 times

Advertisements

My borther and I are planning to visit Cleveland to attend the Vikings at Browns game on September 13th. We will spend about 3 days in the area. Any recommendations on what to see, where to eat, etc. We have already been told about a great pizza place on 50th and Lorain. I might be boycotting the rock and roll hall of fame because two of the greatest bands ever, 3 Dog Night and Chicago, are not in it, while a piece of ---- like madonna is. Any help would be much appreciated. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2009, 07:58 PM

16,498 posts, read 19,562,552 times
Where will you be staying?

Close to downtown?

Suggestion #1 for lunch or dinner. Get a table on the patio. 5 minutes from downtown.
The Harp: Irish Pub Cleveland

#2 Much to do here:
East Fourth Neighborhood - Cleveland, OH

Old 08-02-2009, 08:45 PM

1,973 posts, read 5,199,361 times
Check out the Warehouse District and E. 4th Street Downtown. The Warehouse District will be pretty crazy before and after the game. Expect get trashed talked if you are sporting Vikings gear. Browns fans are rowdy to say the least.

Also:
Art Museum in University Circle
Little Italy
Ohio City (Great Lakes Brewery and West Side Market)
Tremont for cool neighborhood taverns and restaurants.
Coventry Village in Cleveland Heights

The Pro Football Hall of Fame is about a 1-1.5 hour drive south in Canton.

Old 08-02-2009, 09:00 PM

1,247 posts, read 3,854,249 times
Hit up Put-In-Bay. Great little island, and great nightlife there, too. Also home to the world's longest bar.

Old 08-03-2009, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Lakes View Post
Check out the Warehouse District and E. 4th Street Downtown. The Warehouse District will be pretty crazy before and after the game. Expect get trashed talked if you are sporting Vikings gear. Browns fans are rowdy to say the least.

Also:
Art Museum in University Circle
Little Italy
Ohio City (Great Lakes Brewery and West Side Market)
Tremont for cool neighborhood taverns and restaurants.
Coventry Village in Cleveland Heights

The Pro Football Hall of Fame is about a 1-1.5 hour drive south in Canton.
Is the warehouse district what is also known as "The Flats"? We were there when we were in Cleveland in 1994, it is a cool place.

Old 08-03-2009, 07:09 AM

1,973 posts, read 5,199,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big daryle View Post
Is the warehouse district what is also known as "The Flats"? We were there when we were in Cleveland in 1994, it is a cool place.
No, the warehouse district is up the hill from the east bank of the Flats. Basically all the nightlife that was in the Flats migrated up the hill to the Warehouse District, although the Flats were crazier than the Warehouse District is today.

All those bars in the Flats were leveled so that the area could be redeveloped as condos; hower, the bad economy has put that project on hold and there is nothing there at this time.

Old 08-03-2009, 01:08 PM

3,844 posts, read 9,260,315 times
As a fair warning, Cleveland is not a friendly place for opposing fans during game day...just understand what you're getting yourself into!

Now other that that, don't wear Viking's close on other days your in town

My recommendations:

- A Christmas Story House
- Little Italy
- E. 4th and/or W.6th nightlife
- Pro Football HOF (Canton, OH)
- Musuems (Art, Natural History, Botanical Gardens)..all walking distance from each other
- Rock concert...look it up before you go, I know Alice in Chains is in town Sept 16th.
- Westside Market...cool experience, Cleveland gem.
- Great Lakes Brewing Company (great local beer, and they have free tours as well)

I also, posted the "Cleveland Summer Events" thread, and I plan on doing one for "Cleveland Fall and Winter Events" at the end of the month. So keep an eye on that.

Hope you have a great trip! Go Brownies!!

Old 08-03-2009, 04:29 PM

34 posts, read 98,718 times
Default Cleveland

I also agree with east 4th street, there's alot of cool restaurants and bars with live music. There is also pickwick and frolic/hilarities comedy club on e4th and I've been there many times and it's alot of fun. W6th street has nice restaurants and bars too. I myself like Momocho mexican food in Ohio City, it's like 5 mins from downtown...amazing margaritas. Also Michael Symon's restaurant Lola on E4th street is good. Fahrenheit in Tremont is yummy, so is Table 45 and the Cleveland CHophouse. There are alot of museums and stuff like that if you are interested. Our zoo is pretty nice too.

Old 08-03-2009, 06:19 PM

A big THANK YOU for the info we have gotten so far!

Old 08-03-2009, 09:16 PM

16,498 posts, read 19,562,552 times
I just want to comment on wearing your gear. Ridiculous that you might get in any kind of trouble. Heck yea you WILL get trash talk, but it would be all in fun. A Vikings win would make that a null point. lol
We are rabid about our Brownies but.... we're not Detroit. We won't burn the city when the Cavs finally win in 2010.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
View detailed profiles of: